♡ chap_one.

❝ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒 ❞

⇢《 symbolizes death and bad luck. 》⇠

Hanemiya Kazutora was now in the nurse's office, sitting on top of the bed that you would typically find in such an environment. The medication did not need to be brought to him--like that one officer said--because when he calmed down, he was able to go to the nurse without any trouble.

The air felt cold and the walls were uncomfortably white and plain, and the small room felt suffocating despite it being fairly clean. The room, with its tightly closed square perimeter, almost made Y/N feel claustrophobic. Although maybe that was due to the hurdle of emotions that spilled into their gut, his heart weighing heavily as Y/N breathed through the lungs of Kazutora. His hands were placed on his lap, dazedly staring off into space whilst Y/N waited patiently for the nurse to give him the appropriate medications.

Y/N hated the feeling. Hated how alive Kazutora felt, how real this whole ordeal was. It was almost as if the weight of Jupiter had placed itself on top of their shoulders, smoldering them from any fresh chance of hope. Hope that—as wished for once before—this was all a dream. How ecstatic Y/N would feel knowing that all of this was fake; waking up from a coma back in their own world, being greeted by their friends and family only to be taken home, back to where they are the most comfortable. It was a sort of fantasy that they desperately craved to become reality, but the cold air only reminded them that this was, in fact, not a dream.

Y/N didn't want to accept it.

Upon hearing the woman's voice, Kazutora's golden-brown eyes met with the nurse's hues, creating eye contact. "Here is some anxiety medicine to prevent any more episodes today. Please communicate with the officers if you feel that one is brewing up again."

It was a simple statement, one that Y/N was displeased to hear. Y/N didn't want to be regarded as someone emotional, as their egotistical pride was far too high to admit such anxiety. Nevertheless, Kazutora nodded, taking the pills from her outstretched hand. The nurse then handed him a small paper cup filled with water, giving it to him so that he would be able to push the pills more comfortably down his throat. After swallowing both the medicine and water, Kazutora let out a heavy sigh before handing the paper cup back to her.

An officer walked inside the room, presumably to lead him back to where the rest of the inmates were now that he was done. Unlike the rest of the inmates, Kazutora was sent to take his medications earlier than them, mainly due to the breakdown that Kazutora had in the middle of the shared washroom. It was extremely embarrassing to be in that situation, having been witnessed by a bunch of other teenagers. And to be met face-to-face with them again after all of that? It made his stomach churn with dread, but he nevertheless stood up, giving a quick apologetic bow to the nurse before following the juvie officer out of the room.

Their only option at this rate was to simply tough it out.

Exiting the nurse's office, Kazutora's skin was met with slightly warmer air, possibly as a result of the built-up body heat of so many people in the building. That, and it was hot outside, though Y/N was not aware of that detail due to being inside. Kazutora's nerves continued to ache, but not in physical pain. It was nothing more than the turmoil that went on in Y/N's mind, absent-mindedly following the guard as he led the way into another, more widely spaced area. A cafeteria.

"You have ten minutes to get your food and eat. Luckily there's no one in the line. Usually, you'd get twenty." The male officer informed him, allowing Kazutora to break from his path and head to where the breakfast line was.