♡ chap_three.

❝ 𝐁𝐀𝐃, 𝐁𝐀𝐃, 𝐁𝐀𝐃... ❞

⇢《 why did i have to care? 》⇠

"Hit me," said Kazutora, staring at the cards in front of him. Choji handed him a new card, revealing it to be a five of clubs. Pursing his lips, Kazutora considered what he currently had plus the hidden card. A five of clubs and a seven of diamonds. That would mean that he has twelve points minimum.

When the next person said "Hit me," Kazutora watched to see what he would get. An ace of diamonds. Eyes flickered to the dealer, Choji, as he sighed, picking up a coin and tossing it onto the table. It faced heads.

"Augh, so this ace is a one, not an eleven," said Kazutora's opponent.

Choji then made eye contact with Kazutora, silently asking if he wanted another card. The black-haired boy shook his head, content with what he currently had. Choji then looked back over to his opponent, who nodded. Choji gave him an eight of spades, which the unnamed male rolled his eyes at. He now had an ace of diamonds, an eight of spades, and a four of spades. He had thirteen points minimum.

Now concluding their draws, the two teenagers flipped over their hidden cards. Kazutora possessed a six of hearts, giving him eighteen points, whilst the other boy had a queen of clubs, giving him twenty-three points.

"Damn, two points over. I busted."

Kazutora hummed, "I win. Hand over the money."

The point of the game was to be the closest person to twenty-one. Going over is an automatic loss.

"So you're even hellishly good at blackjack... is there any card game you aren't good at?" The unnamed boy forfeited Kazutora the eighty-five yen that he promised, and he quickly stuffed the change into his uniform pocket.

"Cards against humanity? Especially the family-friendly version—but that one is way too boring to play in the first place. Yuck." Y/N answered, recalling the game in their head. It was undoubtedly a hilarious game to play with a group of friends, but they had horrible luck when it came to getting cards that fit the blank. But that was a game not yet created until 2011.

"I've never heard of it." Said Choji, adding to the conversation.

"It's an American game, don't worry about it." Whether or not it was actually an American game, Y/N did not know, but they wanted to avoid the possibility of them trying to play it themselves.

"Ah."

Y/N loves card games, whether they be games from regular playing cards or ones like cards against humanity, uno, stir the pot, etcetera. It never failed to amuse them, and their adoration for card games only seemed to grow during their time in juvie. It was a nice pass time.

"Want to play another round?" Kazutora offered, only for their opponent to refuse him.

"No, I don't have any more money to bet on. You've taken it all."

"We don't have to bet money this time?"

"Still don't. Go play with Choji or something."

What a bummer. Sighing, Kazutora looked over at Choji who was now reshuffling the cards three respective times. "Do you want to play a round with me?"

Choji blinked, staring blankly at the impatient Hanemiya. "Sure. Blackjack again?"

"Sounds good to me," Kazutora smiled, "Are you in a good mood today?"