✧ _birthday spec.

a/n: hello readers! it's january 19th! meaning that it's my bday. :)

i share a birthday with gaara of the sand, did you know? along with edgar allan poe.

also, tomorrow, on the 20th, will be kisaki tetta's birthday.

and yes, this is the "special" that i selected a few of you to vote on. hanma shuji won!!

KEEP IN MIND!! THE FOLLOWING SPECIAL IS NOT CANON TO COMPULSIVE.

THIS IS A SPIN-OFF OF ABIENCE! IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN COMPULSIVE.

hanma shuji will also be incredibly out of character bc i said so. lemme have this.

❝ 𝐒𝐒𝐇𝐇𝐇𝐇 ❞

⇢《 we're on memory lane. 》⇠

"It's broad daylight," Kazutora sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, "why the fuck are you in my room?"

Just like usual, Hanma Shuji was sitting on Kazutora's window ledge, but this time it was not during the night like when he typically showed up. This time, it was right after school, and Hanemiya Kazutora had just arrived home.

Hanma cheekily smiled, "Let's go on a date.♡"

Hearing this, Y/N froze, stopping Kazutora's tracks the moment he placed down his school bag. "What?" He let out in disbelief.

Hanma hopped down from the window, landing on Kazutora's bed before standing right back up. He easily towered over the 5'9 male with his intimidatingly happy expression plastered on his face. "You heard me," he mused, "we're going to the carnival."

"Says who?" Kazutora retorted, baffled by Hanma's declaration. "Shuji, I can't tell if you're serious or not—"

"Kazutora," Hanma pointedly said his name, "I'm dead serious."

The long-haired boy's mouth parted in shock, unsure if he should feel flustered or not. Y/N felt so many indescribable emotions during that moment, uncertain of how to process any of them. But they didn't need to, because Hanma was already grabbing Kazutora's arm and leading him to the window where Hanma initially entered.

"You'll have fun, trust me," Hanma reassured, although Y/N wasn't sure if that reassurance was meant for Kazutora or for himself.

Is he... nervous? Y/N thought, taking notice of Hanma's shaking hands. Or was it Kazutora who was shaking? Y/N couldn't tell. Although Hanma was rather upfront about his "date" proposal, it was obvious to an extent that he was— that both of them were. Fuck, they weren't even a thing!

Jumping out of the bedroom window, Kazutora securely locked it before returning his gaze to Hanma. "And why do you want to call this hang-out a date?" Y/N asked through Kazutora, wanting to make sure that they were getting this right.

"Because that's what it is?" Hanma replied, his smile slightly lowering.

"And why?"

"Because I like you?"

"You like me in what way?" Y/N furthered. They wanted direct answers from this adrenaline junkie of a man.

"Ro...mantically?" Hanma nervously chuckled, still holding onto Kazutora's arm.