♡ chap_four.

❝ 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆... ❞

⇢《 what am i even doing here? 》⇠

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

Choji and Kazutora were now sitting at a table by themselves, dismissing Chonbo and Chome who had previously wanted to sit with them. Right now, Choji just wanted to speak with Kazutora during his last hour of being here. It wasn't out of favorability—it was out of concern.

"I don't think you actually want to kill Sano."

Well, that was certainly one way to begin a conversation. Upon hearing his words, Kazutora narrowed his eyes before responding. "Didn't you say you believed me? What's with you?"

"Yeah, I went along with it because honestly, I didn't know what to say. I mean, it's your choice. I can't stop you." He then went on to continue, not allowing Kazutora to counter, "So tell me the truth. Do you actually want him dead?" Because if Kazutora truly did, who knows what Choji would do? Or what he might do if he didn't.

It took a while for Kazutora to respond. Y/N didn't know how to answer. Should they come clean, or dig into the story? Twist Kazutora's feelings? Or explain the best they could, from the point of view of a boy that Y/N barely even knew outside of the fictional realm? They decided on the safest route.

"I.." They began slowly, morphing an expression best suited for the situation. They wanted to appear sad and conflicted; which wasn't too difficult seeing as that's exactly what they were already feeling, although for entirely different reasons. "I don't know. It... was it even his fault? I don't know. I really don't. I just... I'm not a murderer. I can't be. So who can I blame?"

Oh. Realization quickly dawned on Choji, surprise crossing his features. So that's what's going on. "I don't know your story, so that's something that only you can decide. But I don't see any hate in you. You don't sound hateful—you don't sound like you truly want to rip his throat out or anything. So it's just hard to believe that you actually hold any resentment for Sano."

"Then what do you suggest I do?"

Choji shut his mouth when Kazutora asked that. He knew exactly what he wanted to say, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He wanted to tell Kazutora that, once he's a free man, to simply forget about the delinquent world and try to live normally; but then he'd be a hypocrite. A hypocrite because Choji would never follow that same advice.

The delinquent world never suited Kazutora. That's what Choji believes. But he didn't even have the courage to tell him that.

"I don't know," Choji did know, "but I don't believe that you're a bad person." Kazutora didn't have the essence to be evil. He cared too much; that's what Choji believed.

Choji was aware of Kazutora's potential, but he didn't fully understand it. He didn't understand just how deeply evil Kazutora, or Y/N, could really grow to become. Simply because all he could see was the controlled personality that Y/N possessed; only revealing what was needed, giving nothing else a chance. No one was born evil, that was something that they both mutually agreed with. However, Choji couldn't fathom the potential that was really there. On the other hand, Y/N could understand it, but they were not yet aware of it.

"I appreciate that," Y/N affirmed, hearing Kazutora's voice quietly croak, "but I know Mikey wouldn't agree with you." Did Kazutora even have the right to refer to Manjirou as 'Mikey?' Y/N couldn't see Manjirou ever wanting to be friends with Kazutora after what he did, but Y/N couldn't ever recall a time when someone actually called him "Manjirou."