Chapter 7

"Luca stopped at the entrance of the club and gave his key to the valet. I was surprised when the bouncer let us in without a word. It seemed as if he was familiar with Luca already. I wondered if he frequent the club. We met the others waiting for us in one of the booth inside. It was situated near the bar. I noticed they had already started the party from the looked of it.

"Hey! You guys finally made it!" shouted Hannah over the loud music.

"You better catch up fast cause these two are ready to go." Derek pointed to the empty glasses and laughed. He was referring to the fact that once the alcohol loosened their inhibition, Hannah and Gabriela transformed into party animals. Hannah narrowed her eyes at him. They had been dating for two years and make a great couple.

"Who's this?" Gabriela asked, looking at Luca with desire written on her face.

"This is Luca," I told everyone.

"Derek," he said nodding his head. "This is my girlfriend, Hannah"

"Don't be so obvious at staking your claim Derek. The girl can speak for herself," Sam said. Everyone laughed because it was true.

"Aawww... Honey, my eyes may wonder sometimes but you're my main bitch," Hannah said teasingly. It was Derek's turned to point daggers at her. It made everyone laughed harder. "I promise you're my one and only. Dance with me lover boy." Derek just shook his head as he let her dragged him to the dance floor. The poor guy was head over heels with Hannah.

"The name is Gabriela," she said batting her long eyelashes at Luca. Gabriela has a body and face of a supermodel. She looked beautiful in her red cocktail dress. Guys were attracted to her confidence and honest personality. I felt a little jealous, thinking Luca will want her more than me. This made me piss off at him for no reason.

"C'mon Sam, let's get wasted." I dragged Sam with me to the bar. I looked back and Luca was about to come after us. However, Gabriela held him in place. Ignoring the two, I raised my hand to get the attention of a bartender.

"Hey beautiful. What can I get you?" he winked and I giggled. He was good looking with brown eyes and brown hair like Sam. He was a bit taller than Sam's 5'10 and had a lean body.

"You see that couple over there?" I pointed my chin at Hannah and Derek, dancing their hearts out. "We want to join them as soon as possible." The bartender laughed and quickly fixed us a drink.

"That's the cute bartender I was talking about on the phone," Sam said wiggling his eyebrows. "I guess you're not interested since you have your mighty fine boss now." I laughed and shook my head dismissively.

"Here's your drinks." The bartender came back with two glasses filled with ice and liquor the colour similar to ice tea. He noticed my companion for the first time and put on a huge grin. I looked back and forth, feeling the electricity pass through the both of them. "Hi Sam."

"Hi Nick," Sam said shyly. I laughed because Sam was never shy.

"Sorry Nick but you guys can flirt later after Sam danced with me." Sam flushed red and Nick winked at him. We moved to the dance floor, joining Hannah and Derek. "His interested in you. I can't believe you tried to set me up with him."

"I know chica! My gay radar is out of whack. I am so tapping that tonight."

"I bet."

"Hey!" I turned around to a pouting Gabriela. "Your friend is a jerk. I was trying to flirt with him and he just kept ignoring me. Then, he said he wasn't interested and left with this guy in a black suit."

"I'm sorry. I didn't think he would be rude to you." I gave her an apologetic smile.

"I might have been coming on too strong. I think he was just being upfront but I don't usually get turn down." She was shaking her head in disbelieved. "By the way, he was staring at you the whole time." She laughed at my wide eyes.

It wasn't long before the whole group started having the time of their life and more drinks kept pouring in. Hannah was jumping and singing with the music at the top of her lungs. Derek was trying his best to calm her down to no avail. Sam was back at the bar hitting on Nick. Gabriela and I were dancing like two lesbians, humping each other, giving everyone an eyeful to watch.

"I'm going to the washroom. You don't need to come with me." Gabriela was eyeing a cute blond behind at 6 o'clock. We usually would accompany each other but I didn't want to stay when she started her game. Although, I could use a few pointers on how professionals worked it when they were on the prowl. I smiled at the thought.

I didn't really know where the facility was located and the alcohol was making me feel disoriented. I pushed opened a door that led outside to a dark alley. It took a minute to realise there was no washroom there. I was just about to go back inside when I heard noises coming behind the big dumpsters. So, I came closer, trying to identify what was on the other side. I was shocked to see a man on his knees begging a tall man in a black suit. The man in suit was pointing a gun at him.

"Please, please, please don't kill me. I..I fucked up....fucked up bad. I....I shouldn't have said....said anything. It...It won't happen again." The man on his knees was desperately pleading. He looked miserable shedding tears and profusely shaking in fear.

"Mr Moretti said he's disappointed in you. Don't take it personally, you know how business works," the man in suit said callously with a shrug. His back was turn to me but I recognised his voice belonging to Abele. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was frozen in place, unable to move. The man in suit held the firearm in the other man's forehead. In an instant, a sound similar to a high pressure air hose hastily unplugged came out of the gun. The bullet swiftly pass through the dead man's back head, trailing with it guts of his brain. His limp body dropped to the ground, spilling a river of blood. I remembered his impassive eyes wide open staring into the distance. The scream I was holding got caught in my throat. My vision blurred and darkness followed.