Chapter 10

I woke up to find Luca missing beside me. Every bone in my body screamed exhaustion despite the sleep. Determined to inquire Luca with promising answers, I pushed myself to get up from his bed. The closer I approached the kitchen, the smell of bacon grew stronger. I felt the familiar feeling of hunger as my nose got a whiff of it. I hadn't eaten since lunch yesterday and it was currently past mid-morning.

"Care for some bacons for brunch?" he asked with a playful smile. He filled two plates completely of food. It smelled so good and delicious, I decided to interrogate him after a hefty meal. I needed all the energy I could get for I'm sure it will take everything in me to get him to talk. He doesn't seemed the kind of man to divulge information without meticulous cogitation. I had a feeling that he would require some sort of warranty if he was to disclose answers to my questions.

"Sure."

"Did you slept well?" he asked with genuine concern.

"Sure," I said with a shrugged this time. We seated ourselves at the breakfast counter. Luca kept glancing my way, making me feel self-conscious as I chew my food.

"What?" It was really getting to me.

"You look sexy as fuck in just my t-shirt." There was lust in his eyes and a cocky grin plastered on his face. I felt immediately embarrassed, wanting the ground to swallow me whole. I couldn't believe I completely forgot my state of dressed. I could practically feel the heat radiating from my face as I turned beet red. I covered my face with my hands as I groaned in frustration. I inwardly chastised myself for my own stupidity. Then, Luca started laughing beside me. It was so rare, so easy and so carefree. I looked at him in surprised before it dawned that the humour was on me. I frowned in disapproval which caused him to laugh harder.

"It's not funny. I had a lot on my mind."

"You really are so cute all fired up." I took an exasperated sigh born from annoyance.

"After we eat. You are going to tell me everything." Now, it was his turn to frown. It was strangely gratifying and I couldn't help the satisfied smile that appeared on my face.

"My Angel is a curious little cat. You're not the only one with questions."

"Oh yea?" I said with a raised brow.

"Can I ask you something?" I was caught off guard by how serious he suddenly became. I'm starting to think he needed to get check for bipolar.

"Sure...?"

"You must have known I had conducted a background search on you."

"I suppose a man of your position would." He nodded his head, taking it as a sign to keep going.

"There was some things that a reliable source mentioned which I found interesting." He left things hanging for me to continue. I felt my body tensed. I had a hunch on what he was about to ask.

"I see....and why should I tell you anything so personal?" That got me a raised eyebrow and a sardonic smirk.

"What you're asking of me is to share information that many only knows when it is followed by death." There it was. The façade finally cracked and a glimpse of his true nature resurfaced. I felt his dangerous aura right to my core. The way he mentioned death so nonchalantly as if it's no casualty to him gave me the chill. It was like he was numb to death because he willed the power to grant it without consequence. "I'd like to be reassure that I can trust you with such delicate matters. Trust comes with time but there is none. So, getting to know you better would be helpful in appeasing me." I looked at him when I spoke.

"Something tells me you're not the type that trust...ever. You are too calculative so every move you make is to benefit to your advantage. I guess this is just a way to find dirt on me as some sort of safety measure. Maybe to analyze my character in order to find a way to deal with me."