40

Kofi V.

"We might as well check in with the warehouse while we here."

I nodded at Richie's words. That had already been checked off my list a few nights ago when I couldn't sleep and didn't want to wake Lolo. I had taken a ride into the city. Only checking on the distribution rooms of the warehouse and supply level. Pulling the camera footage to go over while I waited up. However, if my brother wanted to go check in for his own mental capacity, we would. Next was Miami for sure. I needed to get there as soon as possible being it had been months since my last visit. Usually I was back and forth consistently.

"When?" I asked once I pearled my blunt.

"Tonight. Once they sleep," Richie responded, looking up from his phone. He had been texting Vanessa who was back in the Bronx picking up their kids from her mother's. They were supposed to be here yesterday, but both of them had been sleeping most of the day after drinking all night at the party. "Kobi dumb ass wanna come with us."

"Hell nah." I said, taking a pull once I lit the tip. I wasn't including Kobi in anything business related. I invested in the clubs and heard all about his stocks and investments. He had plenty of money. I made sure of it, so there was no need for him to get involved.

"I thought it'll be cool for him to tag along. Show his ass what he needs to stay away from."

"Kobi ain't made for no drug world. Nigga don't even smoke weed. He'll fucking faint before he got through the doors."

And the fact that weed was the least of our drugs related problems. I hadn't picked up a shipment of the drug since 2017 at the latest. After doing a trade of $2 million on crack, I was almost ready to leave it alone too. It was too accessible and it didn't make the profit back that it cost to purchase. If it wasn't what Richie classified as the "big boys", I wasn't trying to be in the mix of drugs anymore. That was the heroine, fentanyl, morphine, or cocaine drugs that brought in their profit well over a hundred percent. Other than that, the New York warehouse ran mostly off of guns and prepping shipments across seas. While Miami was the plant mostly especially with my Cuban connects. I knew my little brother talked his shit, but he wasn't made for a drug lifestyle and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. I wished he understood that.

I was personally ready to walk away myself, but I knew the reality of that dream. I was in too deep. I'll never be able to walk away. Maybe carried, but never walk.

Obviously we just found out yesterday, but now that Lolo is pregnant; it was time to figure out how to, at least, minimize my street involvement. Even if I could never leave fully.

Richie and I had become respected in Houston and known for our reputations. Starting from the ground up to now while never switching up on each other. Houston and the surrounding areas; knew us. However, in New York and Florida, everything was still territorial at times. I understood that.

"We still going into the city, to go by the shop?" He asked and I nodded.

I needed to meet with some contractors within the next two hours, so I was taking whoever wanted to tag along. Only Richie had seen the inside and I was still trying to convince him to go into business with me. Legitimately.

"Yeah. I'm leaving at one. So y'all be ready if y'all coming."

"Bet."

I got up with my blunt in hand, leaving Richie to his phone once I noticed Vanessa FaceTiming him.

____________________________________

Iola K.

"Well, I think that means congratulations, Ms. King. I'm booking you for next week, on Friday at 1:30 pm. You're still early into your pregnancy if my calculations are correct, so we'll only confirm the test and see how far along you are. You can pick your appointment days during this time too."