Chapter 4

Levy POV

Fairy Tail was packed full of people but Laxus was still warmly welcomed as our escort and Simon called for a feast that very evening. Within hours, we were sitting down to a table filled with all sorts of food. Natsu had an enormous mountain of food on his plate as did Gajeel.

"Just wait until word spreads throughout Fiore that the she-wolves have returned," Simon said, "then the real feasting will begin."

My smile faded when I saw Gray. He looked grim and was shaking his head.

"We cannot take them into town," he said to Simon. He was probably worried about running into Zancrow.

"We can do nothing but," Simon replied. He was much more forceful in his speech than I remembered. The last time I had seen him he was just barely hanging on, even reading a book to us was such a workout for him, but now, it was like he was like a whole new man.

He gestured over to us. "What will the people say if we do not bring the She-Wolves of Fairy Tail to be properly honored. After what happened here, we all bear the burden of responsibility to right such wrongs."

Gray's eyes darkened at Simons mentioning of what happened the last time we were here.

Gajeel, usually one to stay quiet and not get involved, leaned forward. "Simon, it is best that they stay here."

"Put your faith in me," Simon said, addressing us and completely ignoring Gajeel's warning. "I will see to it that the road from Fairy Tail to town has never been safer. If any rogue Phantom Lord members or enemies wish to try to capture you, they'll have to get through hundreds of Fairy Tail men. They'd have to bring an army capable of full-fledged war. Our scouts would see them coming from miles away. We'll have ample opportunity to get you to safety. Good?"

Erza, Lucy, Juvia, and I looked at each other silently. While I trusted Gajeel's judgement, we really weren't in a position to decline him without seeming like we were doubting his ability to lead.

"Whatever you believe is best," Erza said with a hesitant smile.

"Excellent!" cried Simon with a broad grin. He rose. "I propose we begin the celebration tonight. The she-wolves have returned! To their return!" he said, lifting his goblet.

"To their return!" Thundered all in the room. But neither Jellal nor his brothers raised their goblets with the rest.

Shortly after eating we bid goodnight to everyone and returned to our room. Given that Fairy Tail was so full they had to pile all four of us into one room, but we didn't mind. Laxus on the other hand actually got a room to himself, which I guess made sense, it would be weird if they made him sleep in the same room as us. Also, I don't think Jellal, Gray, and Natsu would appreciate a guy living with their crushes.

"Juvia can't believe we're actually back." Juvia squealed in English, squishing her cheeks between her palms.

Lucy rolled her eyes, "We were here a few hours ago Juvs."

"To us," Erza reminded her. "To them, it's been three months."

"Do you really think it's safe for us to go all the way to town? Without exposing ourselves I mean." I voiced my concern.

"Well, it seems that no one knows of our magic. That, or they're doing a really good job of acting like they don't know." Erza noted just as a knock sounded at our door.

"It's me." Laxus's voice rumbled from behind the door.

"Come in." We all answered unanimously.

Laxus entered and silently made his way over to one of our beds and sat down. Juvia and I snicker as Erza and Lucy grin silently at his pensive posture.