Chapter 2

Juvia POV

Immediately, the moment Laxus's hand made contact with the print, the tomb around us began to move, spinning faster and faster every second we kept out palms on the print. Laxus at one point looked like he was going to pull back on his own, but he didn't, instead he waited for Erza's sign to let go. Above, we could see trees growing and shrinking over hundreds of years but we continued forward, waiting for Erza's sign. Suddenly, the stone entrance was gone and light flooded into the tomb.

That's when we saw it.

A scroll, rolled and tied in the center of the tomb.

"Now!" Erza yelled as she ripped her hand away from the tomb wall along with everyone else.

For a split second I couldn't see Lucy, Levy, or Laxus as I stumbled back from the wall, but they appeared seconds later. Erza and I lunged forward to catch their fall. Unfortunately, neither of us thought to break Laxus's fall so he landed on the stone floor. We all laughed in relief and hugged one another.

"That- that really just happened," Laxus said, eyes wide with disbelief as he stared down at his palm then back up at us.

"Yeah," I agreed, offering him my hand so he could stand. I was happy to have Laxus with us, I felt oddly safer, like with him we could take on whatever this time had to throw at us this time. I smiled comfortingly at him as he looked around the tomb again. Lucy rose, face worried.

"No pain?" She asked. "No poison?"

I shook my head. "Juvia is feeling great. The tomb healed Juvia completely and even restored her clothes! See? There's no more blood on them!"

Sure enough, all of our clothing looked brand new, there wasn't even a scratch on Erza's armor.

"Okay, but can someone explain to me why the tomb gave Laxus mostly normal clothing aside from the enormous fuzzy trench coat?! And meanwhile Erza is practically sporting full armor?!" Levy exclaimed to no one in particular.

Laxus on the other hand seemed to quite like his new attire, slipping his arms out of the sleeves and just letting the coat hang off his shoulders.

Erza reached for the note and unrolled the parchment scroll, and we all crowded around her to read over her shoulder.

'Welcome back she-wolves. Please, go to the castle as soon as possible, but keep an eye out for enemies. They would consider your capture a victory. We're waiting for you.—Fairy Tail'

"These people know you?" Laxus asked, referring to the enemies.

"I told you," Lucy said, grumpily. "This place is rough. We may have to fight for our lives."

Laxus stared at us for a long moment. Judging from his face, it was all sinking in.

"Well," He said, flashing a predatory grin. "Let's make the most of it and kick some ass!"

"Wait," Erza said. "There are some things we should fill you in on first."

Levy took over for her. "Here we're from a place called Bellum. Lucy and I were traveling here and after we didn't respond to any of Erza or Juvia's letters they feared the worst and came here to search for us. That's our cover story."

"So, how are you going to explain me?" Laxus asked.

"Simple! You're our new escort!" Levy said with a smile and Laxus nodded.

"If that's all then we should get going." Erza said, sheathing her sword and crawling out through the entrance.

"All clear?" I asked. Last time, we landed right in the middle of a battle between Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord, it was not pretty.