7

"ROMEO!" I heard someone yell. "Yes your majesty?" The boy replied. "Where is that hedgehog?" The person who I assumed was the queen of hearts asked. "Over there your majesty you accidentally hit this pour girl with it." He gestured to Aylia who just did a small bow. I noticed that Ace wasn't with us at the moment, did the queen scare them that much?....

"Why is there a chess piece in my kingdom." The queen asked. "W-well your majesty," Aylia said stuttering for the first time probably ever. "This boy here got lost and we are trying to help him get home." She smiled and curtsied a little. The queen lifted an eyebrow then glanced at me slightly. "Romeo, prepare a room for these two now." The queen boomed and the boy nodded as he grabbed both me and Aylia and dragged us inside. He led us into a room with light red wallpaper and two big beds in it. "Which bed do you want?" Aylia asked awkwardly very obviously uncomfortable with either being here or sharing a room or both. "Don't care you can pick first." She picked the one furthest away from the door and just sat there staring at the floor for a few hours only getting up to use the restroom. I sat there on my bed a bit scared i had never seen her this paranoid before I looked outside watching the moon rise in the broad daylight. "Can the moon and the sun be up at the same time here?" I looked over at the rook. "Yes but it's rare why." She said and I pointed out the window. She looked out and saw the crescent moon rising in the sky then looked at me and shrugged. I stared at it again noticing that it moved ever so slightly and not like it's going across the sky moving i mean it's turning moving. Then appeared two eyes both very familiar. "I think I found Ace." She looked back over at the window and for the first time in hours became less tense as ace appeared on the window sill. "Soooo what did I miss?" They asked smiling like a mad man. "A lot" The rook replied looking kinda done with everything. "Where did you disappear to ace?" I asked genuinely curious. "I was always there what do you mean?" Their smile came back still terrifying as hell. "So is this our room?" They asked looking around the room. The rook who had been silent for the past few hours answered the yes it was and to get used to it. It was very obvious she was uncomfortable with everything around her. The cat went over to her and gave her comfort trying their best to cheer the girl up. After a few minutes there was a knock on their door which Phillip answered. There at the door was Romeo who was out of breath and breaking a small sweat. "Would you like to come in?" He asked the servant and he nodded entering the room. Aylia who was glaring daggers at the boy softened just the tiniest bit making her glare into more of a stare of hate. Romeo explained that the queen would be totally fine with helping Phillip as long as the terms and agreements of their deal were without the chess piece. "Seems right." The rook said fiddling with the sheets of the bed. "Well when is this meeting and where is it taking place?" Phillip asked. "In the court room in three days." The boy answered and the rook groaned. "That's just a death sentence!" "I also have to wait three days." Phillip added a bit of worry for his health and safety at this point hinted in his voice. "Don't make her angry or irritated she has a short temper." Aylia noted Ace nodding in agreement as Romeo left us alone. I stared at the door then at my escorts and nodded. "So now we wait."

(669 words)