Chapter Four

You wrenched your eyes open to see your dorm room pitch black, a small groan leaving your lips. 'I fell asleep.' You mentally grumbled to yourself as you tore yourself away from the comfortable mattress. Scrambling to find your wand, you quickly swished it "Lumos." A small light appeared, not much, just enough for you to see what you needed. Being as quiet as possible, you changed into your Hufflepuff jumper and some baggy blue jeans before slipping away to the common room.

The empty room felt homely, the fire still crackling away, glowing an orange hue onto the cosy furniture that scattered the common area. 'I'd like to see the stars again...' Your eyes scanned the room as you let your thoughts wander, conflicted as to if you should sneak out on your first night back at the castle. Normally, you would've jumped at the opportunity, but that was when you had made plans with Valerie or Remus to sneak away. 'Remus.' Your heart warmed at the thought of him, swimming in memories of hot chocolate.

Fiddling with the sleeves of your stripey jumper, you caught yourself staring at the entrance of the common room. Your heart pounded in your chest as you thought about the possibility of having a moment alone with him again, feeling his arms wrapped tightly around you. Heat rose to your cheeks as you thought about his soft lips pressing passionately against yours. A huff left your lips and before you knew it you had shot out the door. Keeping your footsteps light, you hurried to where you'd hoped to find him.

There it was, the wooden door that lead to his study. A small, faint light crept under the doorframe, allowing you to assume he could be awake. Raising your fist, you knocked gently against the wood. After some faint shuffling, it creaked open to reveal the messy brown-haired professor. "(Y/N)?" You felt the heat from earlier rise back up to your cheeks, as a sweet small smile climbed up onto your lips. "Remus." He broke out into a grin, practically tugging you inside he flourished his wand quickly to close and lock the door before pulling you into a tight embrace.

You took in his scent, the lingering smell of chocolate that never seemed to evacuate his body encapsulated you. Snuggling your head into the collar of his shirt, you pressed a small kiss to the fabric. You felt him return it, burying a soft kiss in your (h/c) hair. "I've missed you..." He murmured softly, his finger beginning to trace endless circles into your back. You nodded in silent agreement, letting the moment sink in as you prayed you'd never have to let go.