vi.

Dragonstone

"Would you like a bath drawn for you, my sweet?" Rhaenyra asked as she held Jalyssa's hand and guided her to her rooms. The squires had been fast and all of her stuff was already in the room, now it was just up to Jalyssa to pack everything away in their proper places.

"Yes please, mother." She let's Rhaenyra's hand go as she walks towards a trunk. She places it on the bed and opens it, revealing all of her clothes. "Am I allowed to wear these colors, mother?" She says, motioning to her gray and blue clothing. "I kind of noticed everyone has a theme going on here, Targaryen black and red, along with father's Velaryon blue."

Rhaenyra lets out a small laugh. "We'll have some black and red dresses delivered to you, sweet girl. And shirts and pants."

Jalyssa blushes but nods. "Thank you mother."

Before any of the two women could say a word, they heard hesitant knocks at the door of Jalyssa's quarters. Rhaenyra shot her an amused look as she called out. "Yes?"

"It's Jacaerys. May I come in?"

Rhaenyra laughed but opened the door nonetheless, giving her eldest's hair a ruffle. "Go on, be with your sister." She then turns to Jalyssa and gives her a smile before saying, "I'll go call the maids to run you a bath, my girl."

Jacaerys walked in and Rhaenyra closed the door behind her. He quickly walked up to his sister and pulled her into another tight hug. Jalyssa laughed and squeezed her brother tenfold, feeling her heart about to burst in joy. Ever since she left thirteen years ago, there had always been an empty spot in her heart. Now here, close to Jacaerys, Jalyssa felt whole again.

"I missed you," Jacaerys mumbled, his head tucked into Jalyssa's neck.

"So did I," Jalyssa whispers back. She separates from the hug but doesn't let Jacaerys go, giving him a big smile as she caresses his cheeks. "I know we've talked a lot through ravens, but you and I have to update each other on everything. Thirteen years is a long time."

They settled on top of Jalyssa's bed, with Jalyssa back to the wall and Jacaerys' head on her lap while she combed her fingers through his hair. They talked until the servants came in to prepare the bath water.

"I'll need to bathe, brother," Jalyssa tells Jacaerys. The other groans and refuses to leave her lap, which makes her chuckle. "I stink of sea water, and you of dragon. Mother would be square with us if we arrive unbathed to lunch."

Jacaerys finally relented and got up. He gave his sister another quick hug before exiting her quarters. Jalyssa got up and walked towards he trunk again. She debated between wearing a dress or some pants and a shirt, then decided she didn't want to hassle into a dress. She got some matching grey pants and a shirt, along with new small clothes and walked towards the bath.

-

She and Jacaerys were the last ones to arrive for lunch. They walked into the dining room together, holding hands like they were four year olds again. Rhaenyra beamed at the sight of her two eldest together once more, causing everyone to turn their attention onto the twins.

Jalyssa lets Jacaerys go as she heads towards her mother and the head of the table. She kisses both of Rhaenyra's cheeks and gives her a quick hug. She then greets Laenor in a similar fashion, causing the man to laugh out loud. Daemon only receives a curt bow which he mirrors.

"Come, my girl. Sit next to me." Laenor says as he pulls the chair next to him. Jalyssa gives him a quick thanks and swiftly sits down. Soon after, servants are filling the room and placing their food swiftly on the table. Their cups are filled with both wine and water, and the ambiance turns nice as everyone eats their fill first.