Chapter Six: Jessica

Culinary

It has only been two weeks since I first arrived and I already have favorite classes; Psychology, Spanish, and Culinary. I love Psychology because I love figuring out how people's brains and emotions work. I love Spanish because Perrsausse and I catch up on our lives. And, finally, I love Culinary because I get to learn more about how to cook.

We cook in groups to encourage teamwork and leadership. In my group are Joey, Renesmee, and Kyle. Joey is tall with flat brown hair and dark brown eyes. A scrawny but athletic boy who plays football. Renesmee has long brown hair with a pink streak in it and a piercing in her nose. A mysterious emo girl with mostly black clothing and a whole lot of jewelry. Kyle has fluffy brown hair and brown eyes. He doesn't look like he would be a band kid, but he is; so I guess you can't really judge a person by their looks. Like the saying. "Don't judge a book by its cover."

Today is the first lab. Aka, the first time we actually get to make something. Of course, we start with something simple: Rice Krispies Treats. I grab the ingredients and we all work together to make it. We finish making the Rice Krispies and take the pan out but notice that I had not grabbed enough of the ingredients.

The group is a bit annoyed at me and teases me about my forgetfulness and my lack of Culinary skills, but we had a lot of fun in the process of making it. I may not be as good at cooking as I would have liked, but at least the group that I am paired with makes it fun for me. I have a feeling I'm going to like this class a lot moving forward.

School hasn't actually been so bad for the most part. Honestly, I'm used to it now. It's beginning to feel like a routine. I love routines; their predictable set schedule of events. But the thing they don't tell you about having friends, expect the unexpected.