Chapter 18

Sky pov

Bucky quietly leaves the room, and I can feel his anger and embarrassment. I'm also feeling some of my own anger and embarrassment, but I figure one of us should stay here. I wince as Gamora sees what I said to Quill. She leaves as well, and I hold my head in my hands. I look up and see Pietro shooting daggers at me with his eyes.
"I'm going to kill him," he whispers.
"Pietro, don't kill him," Wanda says, "you should be happy for her, like I am," she says, her sokovian accent as thick as ever. Since I've been in the states longer, mine is often hidden, although sometimes it slips out. Stark turns to me.
"Now, why weren't you in your bed this morning?" He asks.
"I had woken up early?"
"Huh. Funny, considering Steve wakes up at 5 am, and you usually sleep in til 9." He retort.
"Look Sky, we all know you were screwing Bucky," Clint says.
"Ew! No, I wasn't," I say unconvincingly. I wince at Pietro's expression and decide to go for a walk. I rush outside, and walk down the road. I breathe in the crisp air, smiling as it clears my body. I'm almost done with my walk when I pass by an alleyway. Out of the alleyway comes a man, who claps a hand over my mouth. Someone else bangs me in the head with a chair and I fall unconscious...

I wake up tied to a chair, a strange cuff tied to my hands. Someone walks in, bearing a hydra uniform.
"Hello miss Maximoff. Let's cut to the chase. Where's the soldier?" He asks. I ignore him, turning away.
"Where's the soldier?" He asks again. I continue to ignore him so he grabs my chin and forcefully jerks it towards him.
"Where is the soldier," he asks. I gather a mouthful of saliva and spit in his eye. Fueled with anger, he takes me to a room. In there, they have a machine. They hook me up to it, placing little tubes in me. I shut my eyes and a scenario plays out...

Bucky looks at me with pleading eyes. They take a red-hot pole and place it on his back, causing him to arch his back in pain and scream. Hot tears are flowing down my face. I know this scene is fake, but it seems so real that I forget. I forget what I'm answering, I just want this to stop.
"The Avengers compound!" I yell between sobs.

I'm released from the hallucination and I shake. They come over in front of my face and glare at me.
"That-" they say, slapping me across the face with enough force to smash a mirror "- is for resisting," they say. I raise my hand to my face and feel my split skin.
"True to my word, I will let you go." They say.

I'm let out back onto the street. I'm confused for a second before I realise the question I had answered. In a fit of panic, I bolt back to the Avengers compound.
"BUCKY! BUCKY!" I yell. The other avengers come out, but none of us can find him. I know where he is. They took him. He's back in hydra.