NOVUS CASUS

. ˚◞♡ ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

Loxley draped herself lazily over her soft bed dramatically as she fiddled with the glowing bow that rested in her palm, attempting to ignore the shrill whispers coming from Beatrix and her 'friends'. Those whispers became insults as soon as the Reader, who she had learnt was called Agatha, turned the corner. She was still frowning and was obviously very annoyed by the dress she was wearing.

"I'm not meant to be here," Agatha spoke to herself, "Sophie's the princess. She's the nice one. not me."

Caragan didn't bother listening to the princesses and only when Beatrix had left did she speak up, "Y'know, I'm not going anywhere. You better not snore, roomie." She grinned and waited for a reply but was met with silence as Agatha ran to open the balcony doors.

"Woah! Hold on there, Ag, tell me you're not planning to jump over because there is a 0 in 10 chance you'll make it!" Caragan spoke as Agatha disappeared around the corner.

With a sigh, the girl grabbed the bow again and discreetly followed the Reader out onto the balcony, keeping an arrow knocked. Just in case. As Caragan rounded the corner, she spotted Agatha reel back as she spotted a cupid statue seemingly staring back at her, "It's just a cupid. Stupid." she whispered to herself as she hitched up her long dress, continuing toward the School for Evil.

Caragan hid behind the pillar as she heard stone rustling, knowing that 'Stupid Cupid' had come to play. Or kill.

"Students aren't allowed on the ledge."

Agatha hummed nervously as the cupid began to grow in size, his bow becoming menacing instead of a cute decoration. Caragan, sped forward, fully nocking the arrow as she pulled out the string, "Hey you big baby," she yelled as cupid turned to face her, face snarling, "catch this!"

The bow shone brighter than ever, the glowing silver light partially blinding the Cupid as an arrow sped toward him but zipped straight past as it moved out of the way. Caragan stood frozen. She had never once missed.

The Cupid nocked an arrow in his own bow, his gaze focusing on the girl as she turned and ran, her heart beating faster than ever. She had reached the ornate balcony of her room when she tripped sideways and fell backwards into a small divot in the stone. Her foot caught in the ledge as she tried to crawl backwards leaving her trapped in a death-or-death situation. Cupid didn't wait for her to stand, instead shooting an arrow directly into Caragan's hand. She screamed loudly, her back arching in pain as the arrowhead hit the stone behind it with a threatening crack and Cupid began to loom closer, his bow drawn once again. Letting out another scream, Caragan pulled the arrow from her hand, the blood seeping onto her white sleeves.

The arrow was now pointed directly at the girl's head and there was no way she could ready her own bow in time. She screwed her eyes shut and waited for her death when suddenly a falling sensation overcame her and she collapsed backwards.

. ˚◞♡ ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

Agatha and Caragan bolted upright in their beds and the Loxley girl instantly brought her hand up to survey the damage. Nothing. It was almost like last night hadn't happened.

With a sigh, Caragan slid off her bed and went to her cupboard. She scanned various outfits until her eyes landed on a silky, off-the-shoulder dress that gently swept against the floor. She grabbed a pair of trousers, a shirt and a leather corset and stuffed them in her bag before getting ready for breakfast. The two Evers found themselves walking next to each other in silence, not knowing what to say about last night's events. her hand still ached from the arrow but no mark was left over and she was left to wonder if it was only a dream.

The two separated when they reached the hall, Agatha turning to her Never friend as Caragan was called over by Reena. Beatrix noticeably soured and clutched on tighter to the tired Tedros next to her. "Carrie, I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!" Reena grinned as she hugged Caragan tightly.

Tedros looked up at the girl his eyes instantly filling with recognition as she took her seat, "You're the one I gave the rose to yesterday?" He asked, his eyes shining. She nodded once before grabbing a piece of toast from his plate. His curled hair flopped gently over his eyes as he smiled slightly, his cheeks tinged with a slight pink.

From next to the prince, Beatrix frowned angrily, her forehead creasing, "that's not your toast." If a person could get any more annoyed, Beatrix would be the one to do it. Caragan grinned in reply, holding up the toast in her hand.

"I'm sure Teddy," she said his name mockingly, sounding like her ex-best friend, "Won't mind. Oh and, you shouldn't frown so much Beatrix. You'll get wrinkles." Caragan replied quickly, a smirk pulling on her features. Tedros buried his face in his hands as he attempted to conceal a laugh, the princess next to him picking up her silver plate to survey her now worried face.

Caragan had only been sat for a few minutes, talking to Reena and Tedros when a chime sounded. She pushed her chair back and began to walk away, "I'm gonna be late, see you lot at lunch." She said quickly before turning and practically sprinting to the groom room to get changed. Tedros, who was too busy smiling, nodded in reply before turning back to chat, completely forgetting that she had a lot of time before class to get anywhere.

She quickly slipped on her training gear and hung her bow over her shoulder before gently pulling her brown hair back into a bun. She pulled up the hood of her mossy green cloak that she got from her father and stared into the mirror. Grabbing the helmet from the side table, she made her way to the field. 

. ˚◞♡ ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

 ˚◞♡ ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

HEYYYY! Thought i'd release a short chapter to keep you guys going for the next two weeks! love you guys lots and thankyou so much for 2.4K reads! I AM FERAL IM GOING INSANE IM SO HAPPY YALL LOVE TARAGAN JUST AS MUCH AS I DO. he really is obsessed with her. <3333