FRACTI CORDIS

˚◞♡ ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

. ˚◞♡ ⃗ 🕊*ೃ༄

The events of yesterday played on repeat like a broken record.

"Beast."

The word rang and rang through her head.

"No wonder Tedros doesn't want you,"

Memories she wished were just nightmares closed off all that was real, recent events and buried past mixing together in her mind. She could recall the exact moment she lost control of her anger, her usual calm becoming a fury. She was too much like her father for her own good and this proved it.

"Ugly,"

Caragan rubbed her bruised fingers, remembering the blood that stained them and the sickening feeling of Sophie's nose hitting her knuckles. She didn't dare to look toward Dovey who was standing in front of her, instead, she kept her eyes trained on the small grazes on her knuckles.

"Caragan,"

She could feel that same anger.

"Caragan!"

Her breathing wasn't slowing down.

"Caragan!"

Carrie jumped slightly, remembering that she was getting told off. Dovey's gaze was soft, and her eyes held what looked to be a longing for this poor girl to get what she deserved. But rules had to be followed. The young girl wasn't really listening, but she didn't really have to hear at all to know what the head teacher was saying.

"Please do pay attention," Dovey sighed, her hands wringing as she spoke, "We'll let you off this time," Her usually soft expression turned firmer as she continued, her finger now raised in warning. She still didn't meet the Dean's line of vision, nor did she look toward her father who was standing next to her silently. Caragan could tell he wasn't angry.

"But don't try that again or you're done."

Robin Hood sighed, running a hand through his hair, pepperings of grey showing themselves as he brushed the long brown out of the way. He knew what 'done' meant. It wasn't expulsion, his daughter would be made into something. His daughter finally looked toward him and he smiled reassuringly, his hand gently taking her own uninjured one. Carrie nodded toward Dovey but she couldn't bring herself to say anything. She just felt empty. She didn't have the energy to argue back, nor the power behind the emotions she felt to do anything about it.

"Now go, or you'll be late."

The father and daughter stepped out of the office and Robin brought the girl into a hug. His hand gently stroked her hair as they embraced each other. She leaned her head against his shoulder, small tears staining his tunic. He pulled her away and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Look, kid. I was exactly like you when I was younger, hell I'm still like that now." Caragan laughed as he spoke, drying her tears with her bruised hands, "But I can't have this school turning you into a teapot! Who would I pester in archery class?"