The Purple Piano Project

(Disclaimer: I don't own Glee.)

All summer Kurt had one plan and one plan only, and that was to convince his boyfriend to transfer schools. It was very difficult, and very tiresome, but he never gave up. It only made sense because they were in love, so why not spend Kurt's last year in Lima together at the same school. He just wanted to be with the boy more, and it didn't help seeing that they spent the entire summer attached at the hip. All his efforts didn't seem to matter because Blaine was a tough cookie to crack.

"Blaine, I'm just-"

"I know," Blaine answered with a smile. "You want me to transfer to McKinley, you've asked me since June about transferring."

"Can't you just image how amazing the school year will be if we are together?" Kurt took Blaine's hand and squeezed, hoping to get his point across, but it never worked out. "McKinley is such a great school."

"With all the bullying and slushies?" Blaine teased with raised eyebrows. "I've already told you, Kurt. My parents do not want me transferring to McKinley. The academics that Dalton provides compared to McKinley is like Yale. They want me to stay there."

"But your mom loves me. Wouldn't she let you come? I'm just-we shouldn't have spent so much time together this summer because when school starts next week, I'm not going to be able to not see you for days because of the distance."

"We will be fine." Blaine took Kurt's hand in his and kissed his knuckles. "And plus, you know that I will be doing everything that I can to be with you and make you happy."

Kurt smiled; he couldn't help it, no matter how disappointed he was. "Just keep thinking about it, you still have time to change your mind.

"Okay," Blaine promised. "I will know by the first day of school, but I wouldn't get your hopes up, Kurt."

It had been like that all summer, and Kurt hadn't given up, even when the school year started. He was excited to finally be a senior and not have to deal with school much longer. New York was a vision, and it wasn't that far away. He had grown closer to Rachel through their break of school, and they had talked and planned about after they graduated. They would both apply to Juilliard and get an apartment together. There was nothing that would hold them back.

Well there was Blaine. Kurt hated that the boy still had two years left in high school, and moving to New York without him was going to be hard, but he had to get out of there. The long distance would be fine because Kurt loved his boyfriend more than anything, and Blaine felt the exact same, so they could withstand anything that the time apart could throw at them.

That didn't matter now because he still had a full year before he was in the big city, hopefully. There was still a lot of time left, a lot of memories to be had, and Kurt really couldn't wait. He had amazing friends, a beautiful, on the inside and out, boyfriend, and a loving family. He had a year to enjoy all of the time he had left.

After the first day of school, Kurt found that being without Blaine was going to be really difficult. The day dragged on, and when he wanted to text the boy, Blaine couldn't reply because he was busy. It wasn't fair, but there was nothing he could do about it. He was just so defeated, and the school year at McKinley didn't seem to be looking great.

That was until Blaine texted him and asked him for a unscheduled coffee date, and he may have jumped to conclusions. They always usually stuck to schedules because it made everything so much easier, but this was a surprise, and that could only mean one thing, right? Blaine had something important to tell him. He hurried to Lima Bean after school, trying to control his excitement. Did he finally talk his parents into transferring? It was the first day of school.