- Chapter 1 - Special

Special, that's what they called you

Special was such an odd word to Scaramouche, especially when it came to fatui.

The fatui aren't supposed to be special, everyone is supposed to be the same strength, the same skill, the same attitude.
Especially if you're a recruit.

So why did everyone consider you so special?

You certainly didn't look special.

Or act special.

Or talk special.

You were and looked ordinary to everyone.
Well maybe you were special, exceptional to everybody, everybody but him.

To him you were just an ordinary useless haybag for errands.

But then why was he so stressed.

Because you were a pyro agent.

A female pyro agent.

Poor old angry scaramouche, all worked up just because a female agent got put on his squad.

Usually woman get knocked into being a cicin mage, if you're strong enough then maybe you'll get thrown into the mirror maiden category. But no, they made you a pyro agent.

He always knew there was one, and yes of course he's seen you before. But he didn't know you were that star recruit everybody gushes over.

Call him sexist, maybe he was, but there was no way that he's letting a girl represent his best ranked section unit.

Nevertheless he got an earful from signora about not liking you after they got assigned their squads for the season, but he didn't care.

In his mind you would only make him seem weak, he was already put down by most of his fellow harbingers because of his foreign clothing choices and short stature so you representing what was his strongest section unit was gut wrenching for him.

When he was kneeled down beneath the Tsaritsa's throne his hopes were shot high.

—- Flashback

"They are the best of the best, excelling in their training and passed their recruitment exam with flying colors." the Tsaritsa said, her tone was proud "They listen to discipline quite well, they were under the command of Arlecchino last season. So if you must have any need for information, seek for her."

"Don't ruin them too much Scaramouche."

—- End of Flashback

But today, sitting at his desk with the manila folder placed beside his elbow, head resting on a hand which was gripping his hair tightly. Face frozen in shock, eye twitching out of agitation.
He wasn't having any of this.

When he got his squad formation papers he immediately went scouting at the names and skills until he found your name plastered first on the pyro agent section.

Section head.

You.

He stayed in that same state for a good few minutes staring at your name until a knock on his office door was heard.

"Come in." He quickly fixed his posture and let one of this guards open the door.

A fatui recruit with a purple dress and mask stepped through the door.

"My Lord, I was assigned to inform you that the squad meeting will be held outside in the courtyard soon."

Of course. How could he forget? The squad meetings. He finally gets to meet his new recruits.
He finally gets to meet you.

He dismisses the recruit that came in and the guards shut the door behind them.

Oh he can't wait to finally see you.

On one side he was glad you were assigned to his squad.

He was going to break you.

Imagine the look on your face when he finally gets you to give up.

Maybe he could get you to give up your position as head agent?
Maybe he could get you to quit?

Give you a taste of what a harbinger can really do.

Oh the thought made him laugh.

He checked the time on the clock. He should probably go.

Once more he read over the agent units that were assigned to him, brushing his finger over your name.

Grabbing his harbinger coat he walked out the door and walked through the big halls of the fatui headquarters.

"Y/n L/n... what an ugly name."

First chapter wahhhhh!! Honestly i just had an idea for a a fic and was like

Honestly i just had an idea for a a fic and was like.. hold on let me write this down.
I'll continue it for now but if nobody finds it honestly i'll just discontinue it LMAO

Anyways next chap probably out later today or tomarrow.
Cya ;)