Familiar Trust

Tomoes PoV-
Nanami went to town.
I don't know if she's coming back.
I tried to go with her but she insisted she go alone.
What if she doesn't come back?
What if she abandoned me just like he did?
I don't wanna be alone again....
I don't think I can take it....
I'm weak....
I'll never survive on my own again....

------------

Nanamis PoV-

I feel bad for not letting Tomoe come with me to town.
I know he worries about being abandoned again.
But his birthday is coming up and I can't ruin the surprise.
I even got Mizuki to join in on celebration.
I just hope Tomoes anxiety doesn't get to bad.
I should be quick.

------------

I arrived back at the shrine around dinner time and was immediately bombarded by the two spirits who reside there, Onikiri and Koketsu.
"Lord Nanami you must hurry!" onikiri cried out "Master Tomoe is- is-"
"He's having a panic attack!" Koketsu butted in "he was freaking out earlier and we managed to calm him down a little by making him sleep on your bed but he's awoken and now thoroughly convinced you've abandoned him!"
I hushed both of the spirits and gave them both a quick squeeze and Pat on the head.
"I'll go check on him, thank you for telling me." I assured as I tried to keep myself calm. This is bad, this is really bad. I only hope Tomoe isn't to far gone into his head.
When I entered by room I found Tomoe shaking under the covers of my bedding. I quickly rushed to him and crouched at his side.
"Tomoe..." I whispered quietly, causing a slight shift in his body language.
"N-Nanami..." he whimpered.
"It's okay Tomoe... I'm here now..."
I gently adjusted us so I leant against the wall and he was laid slightly across my body with his head rested in the crook of my neck. Gently petting his head I tried to be as comforting as possible.
"I-I thought y-you'd left me..." Tomoe's quiet voice made me feel even worse about the situation then before. He's my familiar, I'm supposed to help him as much as he helps me. And instead I just gave him a major anxiety attack because I wanted a stupid party I don't even know if he'd like.
"I'm so sorry Tomoe.." playing with his ears, I apologized and left him a gentle kiss on the forehead. "I promise I'll never leave you.."
He gave me a weak smile before slowly drifting off in my arms. I couldn't help but smile at him. I just can't help but find everything he does adorable.
Though it took awhile, I'm so glad I finally earned Tomoe's trust. And though I'll admit I've tested it many times, even if not on purpose, he always forgives me eventually.
Even when I don't deserve it.