Flashback: Finding the Note

Day Izuku met Orochimaru. Elsewhere:

"You went to far." Izumi turned to her sister, giving her a dismissive look.

"You know as well as I do that he'd never do it, he's too weak."

"Are you sure?" Midori asked. Her sister and friends had been bullying Izuku since they found out he was quirkless. They said it was to discourage him from trying to be a hero, to keep him safe. Midori didn't agree with the idea, but neither of their parents stopped it, so she guessed it was okay. She'd never hurt him, though, she'd always just watch and feel pain in her chest.

Midori was technically the eldest, so the desire to protect her siblings stopped her from hurting him, however the thought of losing him in a villain battle kept her from helping.

"Come on! Mom and Dad said they had something to show us!" The two walked back to their house, to find both parents standing in the front room.

"Midori, Izumi, welcome back," Inko said.

"Hi mom, what'd you want to show us?" Midori asked. Suddenly steam began come out of their father, before he buffed up, revealing...

"All Might!" Both girls exclaimed.

"Indeed, it is I, All Might!" He exclaimed, posing for imagery cameras.

"And I'm Magneti!" Their mother said, holding up her hero costume.

"Wow!" Izumi said.

"Midori, I deem you worthy of inheriting my quirk, One for All!"

"Wait, what?"

"One for All is a special quirk that has been passed down through the generations! And now, I pass it down to you."

"So let me get this straight," Midori said, slightly irritated, "you had a quirk you could pass down to anyone, even a quirkless person, all this time?"

"Indeed. But that's not all!"

"We knocked down the walls to that empty room in-between your rooms and built a wall in the center of in. Effectively giving you too larger rooms," Inko said, pleased with herself.

Izumi's eyes shown with excitement, while Midori looked horrified. Not the expression they were going for, but hey.

"That was Izuku's room," Midori said, "you destroyed his room to give us larger rooms?" Izumi had a look of surprise, before her mood dropped. Both parents realized that she was right.

"We'll find him a new room," Inko said assuredly, "The attic is nice and spacious." (FYI they have a nice attic, not a put orphans up there attic. The kind kids would love.) Midori sighed, before walking over to a in table with a photo album on it, picked up the book and handed it to them.

"Start at the beginning, see if you can see the problem." Confused, the parents looked through the album. For the first four years it showed them. Toshinori, Inko, Midori, Izumi and Izuku, all smiling, all one big happy family. After the fourth birthday, however, something was amiss. They all stayed the same, smiling and happy, however Izuku now stood to one side, his smile replaced with a glum look. In the following year, Izuku was farther and farther away, he seemed to be withering away, and sometimes he had a black eye or an arm in a sling. Until, on the Fifth birthday, he was nowhere to be found.

"I-izuku," Inko said, tears in her eyes, frantically looking through the rest of the album for a photo of her son, finding none, "what have we done?"

"We're horrible parents," Toshinori said, having debuffed while looking at the photo album. Izumi looked at both her parents, tears in her eyes, guilt overtaking her rationality.

"I'm an even worse sister," Izumi said, slumping against a wall, tears threatening to overflow.

"What do you mean?" Toshinori asked. Izumi broke down and told them everything, from Bakugo's idea to bully him with their quirks, to today and the advice Bakugo gave Izuku.

"You don't think he'd?" Inko asked.

"No," Toshinori said, "our son would never do that. He's probably out and will come back in a few hours. All we have to do is wait."

And wait they did, all night long. After that, All Might called his friend, Detective Tsukauchi, who took their statements, before the police began hunting for him. During that time, the called the Bakugo's and Todoroki's about what their kids had done to Izuku, to say they got in trouble would be an understatement.

Two months later, Inko was going through a pile of junk mail, when she found it. A letter written by Izuku, explaining how they neglected him and that he couldn't take it anymore. Tears burst forth as she read about his decision to take his own life.

Later that same day, Tsukauchi appeared on their doorstep, revealing a recording from a traffic light showing Izuku walking into the door of a tall building and not coming back out. He told them the police had searched the area, but hadn't found any signs of Izuku commit suicide. However, it was a small chance he hadn't. A chance his family held onto as, even after the police had filed it as a cold case. They refused to believe Izuku killed himself, Midori especially.

Two years later, Midori was walking home from school, when she was taken hostage by a villain who's quirk was called, greatest fear. It allowed him to show people their greatest fears on repeat by looking into their eyes. Unfortunately, Midori looked into his eyes. She saw Izuku jumping of the roof of that building and falling to his death. For what felt like eternity, she watch him jump over and over again.

She was eventually freed from the quirk, but it was too late. The scene was burned into her memory, it plagued her dreams every night, and she began to change from the happy girl she once was, into a dark and brooding girl who blamed her family for her brother's disappearances. Although she wasn't told this, because everyone thought it was a after affects of the villains quirk, (for it had faded in a few seconds) but her eyes had turned red with a comma in the iris.

Izumi vowed to become stronger, so no one had to go through what she put her brother through. All Might saw her conviction and offered her One for All, as Midori had refused it.

Inko was in shambles, crushed by her son's disappearance, similar to what her mother had done, when her father died.

Toshinori blamed himself for everything. He should have been there for Izuku, as he knew what it was like to be quirkless and he had a way to help him. He could practically here his mentor's scolding him and the previous users of One for All mocking him.

When Bakugo found out Izuku's disappearance was what he was in trouble for, he was livid, somehow that quirkless bastard managed to ruin his life, even from beyond the grave. He swore if Deku was alive, he'd get his revenge.

Shoto was ashamed of what he had done to his friend. Because of that he became more closed off and, because he used his flames to torcher Izuku, he swore to never use them again.

Both Midori, Izumi and Shoto refused their parents recommendations into UA, believing they didn't earn it.

And that brings us to now. The UA entrance exam.