Chapter 8

"Did you have a good weekend Noel?"

"It was fine, I guess." Noel responded. "Pretty uneventful."
"Yeah same." Mia sighed. "I piled up on collage classes this semester and I'm immediately regretting it. I thought college was supposed to be fun, you know like with the parties and football games."
"I think it's just over hyped in the movies." Noel says.

I walk through the glass doors, interrupting a very "intense" conversation between Noel and Mia.
Mia's leaning forward on the side of the host stand, her head perching in her hands, smiling widely at Noel. I rolled my eyes.

My arrival captured Noel's attention first, smiling  friendly at me. I give him a quick one back before walking to Mia's side.
I poked her side lightly, but enough to gain and reaction out of her.
She jump up startled giving out a small shriek. She turns to face me, eyes widen in terror and annoyance, she smacks my arm. I give a mischievous giggle.

"Am I going to have to report you!" She scolds, placing her hands on her hips.
"Calm down no need to get that son of a bitch Landon involved." I said. "Maybe you would've seen me if you weren't busy making goo goo eyes at Noel over here."

I gesture to Noel as I walk behind her to get to the other side of the counter.
Noel gives a delayed smile then an small chuckle.

"I wasn't giving him goo goo eyes." She says blushing, trying her best to hide it with her brunette curls. "I was just asking him about his weekend and complaining about the hard life of a college student, which you would know nothing about."

I scoffed, "Mia you graduate last year, you go to community college."
"That doesn't make it any less stressful!" She exclaimed.

I hear Noel laughing next to me, causing a small grin to grow on my face.
Mia rolls her eyes and grabs her keys, "Whatever I'm leaving."

"You probably just want him all to yourself." She mumbles under her breath as she walks away.

"What was that?" I asked.

She turns around quick, surprised. "Oop, queen!" And with that she left.

I crease my eyebrows in confusion as she leaves, I shrugged it off though and turned towards Noel. He had stepped a little closer to me, causing me to jump back in surprise.

"Jeez, personal space please." I say annoyed.
He listened taking a step back.
"Sorry." He apologized.

"So." He said after a few moments of silence. "You never texted me back."

I looked up at him. "What?"

"From Friday, you never said anything back you just left me on read." He explained looking at me questioning.

Honestly there wasn't much to say after that. I was a little creeped out at the fact Landon just gives out my number to random people because they ask for it. And I had a lot of homework to catch up on over the weekend.

"Oh, yeah. I thought the conversation had ended, didn't really know what to say." I stated.

"Alright but not a text back all weekend?" He asked.
"I was busy"
"Doing what?"
"Why do you want to know so badly?"

He stopped, hesitated, then said "No, I was just curious that's all."

I sighed, I saw the regret in his face from overstepping.
"I was doing homework. I don't want to fall behind you know."