Things Get Official

One day the boys decided to surprise us all in our apartments. Ian, Dylan, and Mathew all rang the doorbell, and when I opened the door, all three boys stood in a row, each with a bouquet of flowers in their hands.

            "Elena, Valentina, come here! We have visitors," I yelled.

            A disgruntled Valentina appeared not quite rocking the messy bun. Elena then followed with a beauty mask on her face and wrapped in a robe. As soon as they saw who was at the door they tried to turn around quickly to change but the boys said:

            "Surprise! We got all of you guys tickets to the Manchester United versus Real Madrid soccer game tonight! Want to go?"

            "Of course," I said, "what time should we be ready?"

            "Seven o'clock," Ian replied.

            "See you then."

            We all giggled when they closed the door like we were twelve again, then started to get ready. Five hours later, we all sat, waiting, in the living room. My hair had beach waves, and my eyebrows were on fleek. All of us wore Real Madrid jerseys, which guiltily we all purchased an hour ago. Finally, the doorbell rang. Elena jumped up to open the door, but I stopped her.

"Make them wait," I said coolly, "play hard to get."

            Valentina, being herself, replied, "I am hard to get."

            I scoffed then signaled for Elena to open the door. The boys, all looking spiffy as ever, opened the door. Damn, I thought. They could really clean themselves up.

             The game was so much fun. Mathew and I sat next to each other the whole time, holding hands and talking. Sadly it ended soon, and we had to leave. Mathew and I walked back, hand in hand.

            "CRAP! Are you kidding me?!" Valentina blurted out suddenly, "I left my phone on the bleachers!"

            "I can go back and search with you," Dylan offered.

            "Naha, it's fine, I got it, thanks," Valentina started jogging back to the stands.

            We decided to walk back, and not take the metro since it was a nice night. I silently thanked God in my head that my palm wasn't sweaty.

            "It's been nice seeing you," I said sweetly to him.

            "You too. I was, um, wondering... Do you want to be my girlfriend? "

            "Sure," I smiled, and leaned in for a kiss. This time he went in for tongue. It was nice but it ended too soon. We walked in silence back to the apartment.

            "Bye, Mathew, see you tomorrow," I smiled.

            "Bye Honor."