1

Brylie Hunter. A girl who almost had it all, when it was ripped from her ten year old hands. Her family, brutally murdered in front of her one cold night, and suddenly the whole world turned a blind eye to the murderer, only to put the blame on her for not protecting her family. To this day she still hasn't dealt with the grief, but buries it way down to be the "soldier" her father always told her she was.

But Ghost could see right through her. He could see the hell she was mentally living in every day, not to mention Justin wasn't helping the situation any. Every minute they had between debriefs, he was on Brylie like a deer tick. Shoving her against the wall, being exceptionally aggressive towards her, and always being strict. His rank was higher than hers, Ghost knew that was the only thing stopping her from redeeming her pride. That was the only thing she had left, and Justin was tearing it from her cold, near death hands.

When Brylie first joined, she was thin. Thinner than thin, and almost everyone wondered if she'd make it through the first day. But she did, and she showed all the men up that were much older than her. And now, she had a good rank, yet not so much respect. It wasn't that she was rude, she was quiet. And wanted to be left alone. Ghost respected that, and would often steal glances at her.

He liked the way she looked now, not that looks really mattered to him. He knew she was attractive to everyone, based off the way others would speak about her body. Not directly to her, they knew better. But there was no denying that Brylie was a beautiful girl, Ghost particularly liked her eyes. They were blue, like a deep sky blue, with light brown hair that framed her face. He loved when she'd look at him, for the brief seconds she did.

Ghost didn't intimidate Brylie, though it was rare the two ever spoke. He knew that, when he would snap at another private, she didn't flinch like the others. And that made him respect her more than anyone he had ever worked with, including Soap.

Brylie liked Ghost, quite a bit. Even though she had no idea what he looked like, but his eyes said everything about him. She would often stare from across the room, reading his body language. She learned to become quite good at it, like today. Brylie sat in the office area, watching him from across the room. His stance impatient, like he was being interrupted from something. His eyes flickering between the two commanding officers.

This intrigued Brylie, she wondered what had gotten under his skin...or who. She had been dismissed finally, and didn't take the time to figure out what had been bothering him. Brylie knew better than to get mixed up in Ghost's head, she could only imagine the mess inside. The turmoil. The horrifying memories. So she turned on her heels and made her way down the hall to the barracks. But she didn't make it fast enough, Justin was heading in her direction. Something she was not wanting to deal with that day.

"Hunter." Justin shouted, even though he was three feet in front of her.

"Sargent?" Brylie dipped her head in mocking respect. She knew he wasn't smart enough to pick up on it.

"What are you doing in the hallway?! You have hummers to clean!" He shouted in her face.

"Actually Sargent," Brylie felt chills go down her spine at the sound of his voice. She tried not to smile. "Hunter has other business to attend to, today." Brylie turned her head to find Ghost looking at her.

"Says who?" Justin sneered, barely taking his eyes off the girl in front of him, who clearly wasn't paying attention to him. So he decided to play into that. "Who said you could take your eyes off me, Hunter?!" He screamed in her ear, shoving her body against the wall. Brylie wanted to groan in pain, yesterday he kicked her after shoving her to the ground, and a huge bruise green and purple filled her whole right side. "Don't you dare disrespect me like that again, you understand me?"