𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹. ✶

◤▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃◥

 ◣  ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ◢

◣ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ◢

He lay floating in a dark abyss, wearing a long white shirt. All his wounds previously inflicted had miraculously healed; not even a scratch was left behind.

He was surrounded by nothingness.

Memories echoed around the abyss as though he were in a theatre; voices were mingled together; cries and laughter mixed together to create a chaotic yet calming tone.

Haneul's own childish cries echoed throughout the abyss. The yells of his peers and parents also erupted from the abyss. As Haneul lay there, his brows furrowed in confusion over his current situation.

He closed his eyes in hopes of making sense of his situation and surroundings. He was brought into a deep concentration, trying to figure out where exactly he was.

Haneul eventually opened his eyes, although he felt very hesitant to do so, but unfortunately, his vision was blinded and useless as the abyss was far too dark to see anything. It felt as though his eyes were still closed.

"So you have finally come to me." The voice was androgynous as it spoke.

The loud voice suddenly erupted, breaking Haneul away from his train of thoughts. The abyss had just spoken.

Haneul was unable to differentiate if the voice was male or female as it came from such a deep place within the abyss.

This voice sounded soft, not harsh; it also sounded delicate but not too weak. It was angelic-like; it was like those voices that were able to put you into a deep trance and were able to control what you did, getting you to do their bidding.

Haneul, who was still unsure what was happening, asked calmly; no stutter was present in his voice. He was acting as though he was expecting this to happen. But in actuality, he had no clue how to react.

"Are you the one who will take me to heaven or hell?" Haneul asked curiously.

He didn't allow his eagerness to show.

The androgynous voice chuckled, vibrating against the abyss.

"I guess you could say that; I will take you there, but it is not what you would have in mind, child."

An ominous feeling fell upon Haneul's body, and goosebumps immediately began to rise upon his skin.

"What do you mea...?"

Unfortunately, he was once again cut off as he was engulfed in a bright light, which blinded him for a moment. Haneul instantly used his arms to shield his vision against it, as it was burning his eyes.

When Haneul next opened his eyes, he felt confused as to where he was. He was surrounded by darkness once again; it didn't feel very cold, but in fact felt quite the opposite. It was warm.