𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽. ✶

◤▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃◥

◣ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ◢

The door squeaked open, and a cloaked person entered. Due to the moon's reflection, his eyes, which were ruby red, shined brightly. The infant in the cot, who was still clutching his fists together, caught his attention when he cast a glance around the room.

He laughed as he looked at the infant, who was still unaware of the newcomer, with his mouth just slightly open, showing the sight of two sharp-looking teeth. Artemis' train of thinking was disrupted as he felt a sinister presence approaching him.

The presence of the unpleasant visitor caused the pressure in the room to significantly increase, which he could feel. Finally turning around, he saw the creature standing over him and staring at him.

Finally turning around, he saw the creature standing over him and staring at him with an unfathomable glare. Both the adult and the youngster had their eyes locked in a match, neither turning their heads, one out of dread of what would happen if he did and the other out of pure delight at the reaction the small creature beneath him would cause.

"Why hello, little monster." The figure spoke; his voice was deep and melodic, completely the opposite of what Artemis thought the figure's voice would sound like.

"Of course you're just a baby, so there is not much you can do right now; how boring." The figure exclaimed in fictitious disappointment.

Artemis was still unaware of the circumstances surrounding him and was instead entranced by the unknown person's eyes, which nearly glistened in the moonlight. Before ultimately turning back to the figure once again, his gaze briefly darted to the door.

The ruby-like eyes were cold and hard, and they continued to stare unwaveringly at the helpless child with the same intensity which was previously shown. It was unclear whether the figure was looking at Artemis with malice or not.

"You will do great things in the future." The voice spoke, snapping Artemis from his stupor.

"People will remember and fear at the sight of you, I can't wait to see you take over this empire and see you burn it down into nothing but a faint passing memory of what it was before."

Artemis lay there confused, his inner thoughts conflicting: was this figure a friend or foe?

The hooded figure's tone was wistful, almost as though he was imagining the destruction occurring at that very moment.

"But alas, you're still a puny little baby who can't even lift a finger without struggling." The voice carried on with its rant, its tone somewhat mocking Artemis' current baby self.

'What did this figure mean?'

'Why couldn't he wait to see me burn Obelia to the ground?'

'Why is he here?'

'Should I do something?'