𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼. ✶

◤▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃◥

 ◣  ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ◢

◣ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ◢

24. She was only 24 when her life came to an abrupt stop. The world stopped and held its breath; the fairytale had come to an end, and the picturesque family had finally fallen apart.

How pitiful.

It rained so heavily that day that it was as though the sky was crying and mourning for the loss of an angel who walked the earth. The moon was taking back the gift it bestowed upon the meagre humans below.

The day was chaotic, and Oreithyia de Alger Obelia knew what was to happen on that fateful day. She had felt her body giving up on her a few weeks prior but never let anyone notice; this was one of the many bad habits she possessed, never telling those close to her how she was really feeling or if she was ever in any type of pain.

She would much rather keep it to herself, never wanting to pester her loved ones with her own burdens, even though they were always willing to help the best that they could.

Oreithyia spent her last days with her son and her husband, knowing she could fall into an everlasting sleep at any moment. The feeling of dying without spending time with her family was too much for her. She didn't wish to regret the fact that she hadn't been able to see her family again despite having the time and chance to spend time with them.

She tried to make the best memories she could, not wanting to forget them once she passed.

She had made a list of things she wished to complete before the looming gaze of death finally came and engulfed her whole.

Her list looked something like this:

1. Take Artemis and force Claude to go and see the lanterns in the city and the celebration of Obelia's creation, with lights and multiple stalls crowded and busy with people (Claude would hate situations like this; he hates unnecessary social interaction, but he can't resist two sets of puppy eyes, one pair from his son and one from his wife).

2. Force the unwilling Claude to experience the thrilling world of tastes of spices (even though in Obelia there was never a lack of spices as the spice trade was booming, yet Claude still refused to try anything remotely spicy).

3. Take Artemis to go see the Swedish Laplands.

4. Fully finish any remaining Empress work (to not burden anyone much in the future).

5. Spend time with her family (be chaotic and commit heinous pranks).

I know it may seem like not a lot, but she was determined to most definitely complete this no matter the struggles she would have to face in order to convince Claude to come and enjoy it with her, as she would most likely never have the chance to ever experience this again.