ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡

'What was that?'

A cool feeling rushed over his body. His limbs still ached but he still fought to be able to force an eye open even if it was only ever so slightly. As his eyes fluttered open, they revealed a pair of exhausted to reveal the sight of multiple disheveled physicians surrounding him, he carefully moved his eyes towards his father.

'He came back for him.'

Relief flooded his fragile body.

'He didn't leave me.'

Artemis was soon able to relax and fell into a peaceful slumber, a faint smile adorning his face. His father's warm hand was gently brushing what little hair he had on his head.

His dreams were full of bright colour which represented happiness and joy. This wouldn't be like his last life where he was ignored, he was acknowledged and, most of all, he was loved by those around him even though a few, one of them being his father, had a hard time showing it.

Time passed slowly as Artemis refused to open his eyes as his dream was far too good for him to miss out on. He was sat in his mother's comforting lap and was hugged by her reassuring arms. The scenery around them was picturesque, gardens full to the brim with the finest flora there could ever be, their vibrant colour attracted many animals as they were drawn to the magnificent plants breathtaking appearances. It was the epitome of perfection.

Well that was before his stomach began to cry out in hunger rudely awakening him from his peaceful slumber, his eyes soon opened and became full of unshed tears of hunger.

'Curse this blasted body.'

His cheeks slowly felt a red blush arise due to his embarrassment of needing to be fed. Fortunately he didn't have to cry long a maid came rushing in her eyes lit up seeing the prince awake and moving.

"Oh dear child you had us all so scared for you." She mumbled as she gently rocked the baby.

She luckily had a bottle prepared knowing the child would soon need this, and she slowly lifted it up to the child's open mouth, which slowly clasped around the bottle and began taking in its contents.

'This is soo embarrassing.'

Artemis thought to himself. His head tryingto turn away from the bottle in shame but alas his body needed these nutrients to survive.

As he continued to shy away in embarrassment he had momentary thoughts,

'Where's mother?'

'Why didn't she come visit me?'

Slowly, his undeveloped mind started to think of multiple reasons and possibilities for the lack of his mother's arrival. Slowly he began to feel tired, and his eyes began to close once more. He fell into an unpleasant slumber, thoughts of his mother looming over his mind.

In the other room his mother lay in her bed full of vibrant flowers, a serene smile adorned her face, her face showed no signs of pain her expression wasn't crumpled or distressed, instead it was peaceful as though she had accepted her predestined fate. Her husband held her delicate hands, he knew it wouldn't be long until she left him. Although, this wouldn't stop him from being hopeful that one day his worries would disappear, and soon they could go back to their happy life once again.

But alas, fate truly was cruel.

Soon as Artemis awoke, he was taken by his father into a room full of delicate flowers, he was confused why were they here. But as he looked closer, he noticed a weak, frail figure lying in the bed.

It was his mother.

It was the very woman he was immensely worried about. He immediately stretched his little arms out towards his mother, ready to wake her from her slumber.