ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 - 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰

A/N: As you can see, there's a song included with this chapter. This story will have a playlist and will have a song that corresponds to that chapter. The song will make sense if you play it at the start of the chapter, unless there's a specific part where I ask you to play the song. I may decide to drop song lyrics every now and then, relating to that chapter. Just go with it, and enjoy my second BakuDeku story! 💕

TW: mentions of m*neta. 

Gasping heavily, Izuku Midoriya blinked his emerald eyes, looking around. Smog filled the street he was in, and his heart was thumping like crazy, almost exploding from his ribcage. He had just defeated the most memorable villain in history, All for One. The one who had started it all. It had started out as a group fight, but most of his classmates were all knocked unconscious pretty early, leaving only Izuku to fight All for One. He couldn't believe that he had won. A seventeen year old boy against an overpowered, corrupted, villainous character of a man. The ground started to spin under Izuku's feet, before his entire world went rapidly black. The last thing his overworked brain processed was his head hitting the harsh concrete pavement. 

When Izuku came round again, it was to find himself being shaken awake by a very concerned- looking Katsuki Bakugo. Kacchan, as Izuku preferred to call him, was a very hot-headed blond male with one of the most powerful quirks that he had ever heard of. He also happened to be the greenette's childhood best friend and his relentless crush. 

"Ngh, Kacchan... where am I?" He asked, trying to sit up. His entire head felt like someone was punching it repeatedly, so he was forced to lay his head down upon the silk pillow once again. 

"You're in the hospital Deku. All for One seriously messed you up, and you f*cked up your bones too. Recovery Girl can't fix that single-handedly, so hence the actual hospital and not just U.A's hospital." Katsuki answered, trying his best to hold up the mirage that he couldn't give two sh*ts about the boy who lay in front of him. That wasn't at all true. Katsuki cared deeply about Izuku, but he had managed to squash those feelings down and focus on school and training. 

"The actual hospital?" Deku asked weakly. He had never had to be in the actual hospital for his injuries before. It was always something that Recovery Girl could deal with, even if it took some time to heal. "How long am I here for?" He asked. 

"Uh... tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night. You'll get to go home after that." Katsuki informed. 

Izuku sighed. He hated being still and doing absolutely nothing. He could be analysing heroes, or training. This was such a waste of his time. Lying in bed doing nothing, seizing up in pain every time he moved. 

"It's not my fault you keep breaking your f*cking bones, d*mn nerd." Katsuki remarked, a bored look on her face but his eyes counteracting what he was saying, strangely enough. "It's okay though. You'll be able to go home soon enough." He added, a soft smile appearing on his face as he spoke to Izuku fondly. "Text me if you need me for anything, okay?" He asked, his rare soft side showing.