ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7 - 𝓑𝓸𝔂𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭

Izuku's frantic eyes darted over to Katsuki, who had collapsed onto the concrete floor from exhaustion. The two had been battling the previously mentioned Nomu, and Izuku's mind entered a state of panic. He had to finish this Nomu off, then make sure Kacchan was okay. 

Izuku pulled his fist backwards, feeling the familiar tension of One for All pulsating through his veins. Green beams of electricity started emitting from his body, before he thrust his right arm, which One for All had been activated in, forward into the Nomu's middle. He yelled out two very familiar words as he did this, but full of more passion than what he had ever yelled them before. 

"Detroit Smash!!!" 

As soon as his fist made contact with the Nomu, the Nomu began to stumble from the sheer force that it had been hit with, and fell to the ground as a result of this. Izuku watched it transform from a strong and menacing character to a very scared looking civilian, who was told to follow a policeman. 

Now that the Nomu had been dealt with, there was only one person who he needed to check up on. 

Kacchan. 

Izuku rushed over to Katsuki and lifted up his limp body tenaciously. Truth be told, he was surprised that he could even lift him. He was heavy though. 

"Ah... Shit nerd? The hell?" Katsuki let out, opening his eyes weakly. He was so desperately confused, and wanted to know what was going on. 

"Thank god you aren't dead... Kacchan, you got hurt. I'm taking you to the hospital." Izuku informed, his grip on Katsuki tightening slightly. 

"Hah? I'm fine, I don't need to go to the shitty hospital. Fine, you hear me?" Katsuki insisted, but his paling face said otherwise. 

"You need to at least be checked over." Izuku said. "Nearly there." He added. Katsuki nodded, his eyes feeling heavy. He needed to sleep due to his tiredness. 

"M'tired, Deku." Katsuki spoke, his voice a little above a whisper. 

"You can sleep soon, Kacchan, but not now." Izuku replied, his pace quickening. 

Nothing else was said between the two pro-heroes until they arrived at the hospital. Izuku was immediately instructed to place Katsuki down on a bed, but he was told that he was allowed to stay with him for a while, until the effects of his medicine wore off. 

Izuku found himself spending a larger chunk of time than what he would've liked sitting next to Katsuki's bed whilst he kept saying things. There was no way that Bakugo knew what he was saying, it was just because of the fact that he was sedated. So therefore Izuku paid no attention to what he was saying. It didn't seem to be particularly important anyway, only stuff like: 

'Gonna be number 1 one day...' and 'tired...' 

Eventually, these little sounds quietened down into nothing, and were replaced with deep, stable breathing. Izuku was relieved, the things Bakugo had been saying had become increasingly more concerning. And every word was about him, Izuku. It was a little unnerving. 

Even so, Izuku continued to stay at Katsuki's side while he slept, just generally keeping an eye on him. 

A haunting thought came into Izuku's mind. 'Someone who's just 'friends' with somebody else does not watch them sleep, making sure they're okay. Did that mean that Izuku wasn't over their relationship from three years ago? Most likely. But there wasn't anything he could do about it. He didn't want to be unfaithful towards Ochako and lose someone who meant a lot to him.