Behind The Curtains 4

The stories soundtrack: end of beginning - djo, freak - lana del rey, bubblegum bitch - MARINA, she needs him - hers, everybody talks - neon trees, instant crush - daft punk

To be used or not?

The day went by smoothly, nothing causing you much trouble. It was just another normal day in school. The only exciting part of your day was when Alex spoke to you while standing in the lunch line.

The bell dismissed the students letting them free to go home. You were in your locker gathering your things and jacket. It was normal, listening to your music and checking to see everything was in place. But then you closed your locker, seeing a face you weren't expecting.

"Hi" Karl grinned, he was leaning against the locker next to yours. He got off the locker, stepping closer to you. He motioned to his ears to make you take off your headphones. "Oh hey. You're y/n y/l/n right?" Karl said, crossing his arms on top of the other as he leaned in closer to you.

You felt frozen in front of Karl. This time you've never spoken to him besides that small thanks in bio last time. There were so many explanations as to why he was standing in front of you right now, but your head was so hollow right now. All your thoughts were detached from your brain just by the sight of Karl Jacobs in front of you.

"Yeah" You said shyly, closing your locker. It made a loud sound that made you flinch.

"You probably don't know me but I'm from your bio class. Karl Jacobs" Karl said as if you didn't follow him on instagram already.

You pretended not to know him at first glance, followed by a surprised chuckle. "Oh yeah! I could tell I knew you from somewhere" You said, pointing at him then slapping your hand on the lockers to pretend your shock. It was so exaggerated you hoped that he wouldn't make fun of you later. If only Joanna was here to help you.

"I'm friends with George and he told me you wrote the play that's coming up on December" Karl said. Letting out a small laugh he ran a hand through his soft hair, letting it fall back to place. "I read your play last night and woah I actually finished it" Karl said. "I don't think I've ever read anything like that before"

The thought of Karl reading your work felt like a mix of fear and curiosity. You wondered what he thought about certain parts of the script and his reactions to it in general. A part of you wished you could've seen him read your script just to watch his facial expressions.

It was one thing that Georges friend said he liked your script but it was a whole different one when the Karl Jacobs was telling you how much he loved the story.

"So how did you come up with it?" Karl asked, interested.

"Oh" You said followed by a nervous laugh. You were toying with your bracelet while you talked to Karl, in hope he won't notice the strong effect he had on you. "I sort of dreamt of it and I added names and a plot" You said making the complex process sound easy.

"Woah really?" Karl's hands his inside his dress pants pockets. He looked at you as if you were some celebrity and he was your biggest fan. The words he read half asleep last night felt like a magical dream that engulfed him into your fictional world. "Nah I don't believe that" He teased.

You giggled, not knowing if he was flirting or being serious with you. It was hard to tell. "It's true! It was the Friday night before winter break last year and I couldn't sleep right? I don't know why it was 3 am and nothing I was still up so I took five melatonin gummies and fell asleep. My dream was so vivid it felt like max 10 minutes. When I woke up it was 11 am and my mom woke me up" You explained the story with as many details as you could, telling the true story to Karl. This was exactly how it all went down. "Sorry that was weird" You never told this story besides from Joanna.