Behind The Curtains 8

Partners

When you wrote your play about a year ago, you never thought that it would ever consider to be a thing your school picked to be performed by the theater production. It never crossed your mind that the people you went to school with would have to audition voluntarily. It also never occurred to you that you would need to persuade the biggest athlete star in your school to get him to keep your play alive.

Even though you obviously didn't do anything to him. What you said to him wasn't meant to be taken as harmful as it did. Worst things were playing in your head when you shared a couple words with him.

You actually did get the stink eye from Mandy Fabbri but she looked at everyone like that, you were nothing special. In her eyes it was everyone's fault that they got in her way at school.

Joanna was no help when you asked her to help you find Foolish. After the first period bell rang everyone was on their own. So you went to class obviously.

Walking into computer science, you were regretting your life decisions like always. At this time in the year you had to be thinking about your final project.

An algorithm that performs sequencing selection and iteration. You had no idea what you wanted to make your project about. Most of your ideas were denied by your teacher in the most passive aggressive way, and you felt mentally drained. The worst part is that your teacher couldn't even help due to college boards rules.

But the one thing that was keeping you sitting on your desk today instead of faking a cold to stay home was Karl.

"How about we work together tomorrow could fun to switch it up?"

"Shit" You sighed, failing to support your head weight and letting yourself drop down to your arms on your desk.

"Heyy, it's all good the deadline to submit your project idea is not until next week" The kid that sat next to you said, thinking your stress was coming from the class. If only things were that easy. "Mr. Harris is pretty flexible. He let my hangman game slide" He kept talking. "Fuck. I guess I wasn't supposed to say that" He only looked over at you, chuckling at his own joke in an attempt to lighten the mood.

You looked up to see Punz grinning down at you. His little reassuring smile were looking at you as if they could guide you to a solution to all your problems.

They actually could.

Punz wasn't only the fastest boy or one of the most attractive in your grade, he was the boy whose name was in everyone's filthy mouths at your school. Part of your schools esports team and basketball, he was a legend both online and out on the court.

In the basketball team and probably Foolishs best friend, he was your ticket to greatness and to leave Georges hate list.

"Punz." You sat up on your chair, getting a better look at him. "You're in the basketball team this year right?" You asked.

"Uh yeah I am, why?" Punz answers politely.

"Hey so.. umm I don't know— but do you happen to be friends with Foolish Brown?"

"Foolish! Oh yeah I love that guy. He's pretty sick. Why?"

Your eyes were sparkling.

"I know this is the first time we've ever talked but could I ask for a small little tiny favor? Please?" You asked in the least awkward way possible.

•••

You were missing your biology class for this. But you wanted this; there was no going back.