⚝ ── ACT 1 ;; THE CURFEW + THE DISAPPEARING BOXTROLLS.

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

DUCK WASN'T SURE WHETHER THE BOXTROLLS WOULD ALLOW HIM TO KEEP THIS RAT AS A PET FOR HIMSELF. But, he was determined to let them allow him to do so. He happened to have found it, munching away on some fine pineapple at the edge of a bin—site and Duck has become attached it, since 2 minutes ago.

The Box—Boy even decided to go as far as to call it ' Pineapple '. A crooked, yet simply sweet smile popped up onto the boy's face, as he lay inside a bin and grasped the pet rat of his in his hands, as it wriggled about and moved comfortably in his calloused, yet bandaged hands.

Duck narrowed his face into a softened look, as he tilted his head curiously at the rat that was nibbling at the corner of his box. He widened his eyes, a small hiss left the Box—Boy and he placed the rat on the top shoulder part of his inhabitable box.

" Ishon'akum azaakum ushhuth shrakox! Gorotu ashhoulmar ushrzag ashomuth shrakugakun gunstead, ushhuth shrakeetleakun thurilrag shrakuth duloomar guoum gorou! (  Don't eat the box! You should try some bugs instead, the beetles will be good for you!  ) "

He hushed these reassuring words to his rat companion in Trollese, a language he had always been taught by his Boxtroll Family. Duck slowly resurfaced himself out from the bin, lifting up the lid and the Box—Boy looked around with unease.

Recently, a group of certain Boxtroll Exterminators had passed on by, meaning that Duck was ushered on by Porkie to go and hide in a bin, like the coward he is. His shoulders deflated with relief, clambering out from the bin and his bare—feet were settled onto the cold ground.

Pineapple chittered, scratching itself with its own paws, circling around on Duck's top left box—side. It came to a quick stop, laying itself down there and a content huff left Pineapple. Duck gazed at his new rat companion, a measly grin appeared onto his face.

Looking around once more, the scruffy boy started to emerge out from the alleyway, ignoring the lingering flash some lamp—posts made due to not being catered for properly. With each each step, Duck did his best to be discreet, afraid of encountering The Boxtroll Exterminators. He had also managed to get himself split up from Porkie and Paper—Clip, so his peculiar self was on the lookout for them.

" Porkie, Paper—Clip !  " Duck called out, gripping onto a particular lamp—post, starting to scale up onto it, as a series of multicoloured lights ( from a blimp hovering far above in the sky ) were shining down onto the boy that was climbing up the lamp—post.

Finally, making it to the top: Duck looked around and took in his surroundings, trying to understand where the two Boxtrolls could possibly be.