# ── RUNNING AWAY HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE COWARDLY WAY.

BENNY STARED UP AT THE CEILING, IGNORING THE CONSTANT CRIES OF BOXTROLLS BEING PUSHED AROUND AND FORCED TO WORK ON SOMETHING WITH CLANKS OF COGS WORKING ABOUT

BENNY STARED UP AT THE CEILING, IGNORING THE CONSTANT CRIES OF BOXTROLLS BEING PUSHED AROUND AND FORCED TO WORK ON SOMETHING WITH CLANKS OF COGS WORKING ABOUT. He couldn't get out the memory of the Box—Boy, and as he lay down in his bed: Benny could not erase the fact that Duck held some sort of disliking towards him.

A huff left Benny, fiddling with the cog in his hand that Duck happened to drop out from his box, the Exterminator's Son could only furrow his eyebrows, filled with curiosity. The cog may have been ultimately rusty, but with a few turning arounds, it flickered a bit within the rim of the lighting.

Benny pressed his lips against a thin line, recalling back how a small dispute was already settled out between him and Duck, as there was a concern for why a boy, like Duck, was living amongst the very revolting and disgusting creatures that mercilessly ate an innocent baby years ago.

The thought made Benny tense up, turning over to his other side, as he held the rusty cog in his hand tightly. His mind traced around the memory at how he bombarded the said boy with countless questions, only to receive a pathetic excuse of a hiss from the one and only Box—Boy. An unknowing grin managed to slip up onto his face, endlessly staring at the cog and Benjamin found himself getting more curious about the Box—Boy.

A low hum left the boy, as he furrowed his brows from counting on a note as to why the Box—Boy spoke in a different language that didn't seem, like something any human tongue could persist on speaking of.

Elliot couldn't really sleep either, as the cries of the Boxtrolls and the meeting with the Box—Boy circled their mind constantly. They held a pillow over their ears to help smoothen down the screeches for help. Their face only softened, when thinking back to their meeting with the Box—Boy to help soothe them away from the reality of what the Boxtrolls may be going through right now.

A huff left Elliot, as they merely just stared at the ceiling, before turning over their side and they were bewildered by the fact that their brother was holding a rusty cog with a smile on his face.

" Who's got you smiling, like that? " Benny widened his eyes at the question of a whisper directed to him by his sibling, quickly slipping the rusty cog underneath his pillow and clenched his eyes shut to pretend to be asleep.

" Wake up, you twat. I know, you're awake, Ben. " Elliot deadpanned, making Benny groan and slowly open his eyes, scratching his cheek. He then largened his eyes in shock, pointing an accusing finger towards them.

" Twat? That's new, coming from you. " A lousy grin slipped up onto the boy's face, as it was completely wiped off from a pillow sent crashing into his face. Pulling the pillow down from his face, he was met with Elliot's intent face staring at him with a confuzzled look.

Shrugging, they uttered out; " Well, only got it from Dad — " Pointing out to the doorway, a creak of light was shown into their room, as the yelps of Boxtrolls being hit was heard. The two Snatcher Siblings grimaced at the horrifying noises of pain and misery, as a pale Elliot rushed out from their bed, almost tripping up on their own two feet and they slammed the door shut quite harshly.