# ── CONFIDENCE CAN ONLY TAG ALONG , LIKE A STRAY FOR SO LONG.

DUCK PEEKED HIS HEAD THROUGH THE MANHOLE COVER, HIS EYES SCANNING AROUND THE AREA TO BETTER UNDERSTAND HIS SURROUNDINGS

DUCK PEEKED HIS HEAD THROUGH THE MANHOLE COVER, HIS EYES SCANNING AROUND THE AREA TO BETTER UNDERSTAND HIS SURROUNDINGS. Swallowing down any fear or second—guessing thoughts he had, Duck pushed the cover upwards more, but he was suddenly sent back down harshly. That happened to be because of a passer—by, had stepped over the manhole cover.

The Box—Boy let out an 'oomp!' sound as a result, slowly bringing his head up to look around more, as the passer—by was called on over. " Malia, hurry up ! Me and Josephine are going to watch Silver make something new, I think Hugo is planning a blueprint with us all too ! "

" Coming, Annalee ! " As Malia ran up to Annalee, giving her a quick hug, the two girls started to rush on by to the stall they were anticipating for. A few laughs emerged from the two girls, as they gazed upon Silver, who was adamantly working on a project that Hugo was pestering the said—inventor to hurry on up with. Josephine was looking onto her nails, seemingly careless of what was happening, as she was leaning against the lamppost.

Now, Duck had lifted himself up into the Upper World, closing the manhole cover and rubbed his eyes with his bandaged hands. The Boxtroll—Boy squinted, his nose wrinkled, as he was not used to the daylight. A huff left the boy, as his eyes widened in shock from all the people bustling about the streets, for the Huxley Baby Festival he was unaware of.

" Woah — " Duck yelped, as he was pushed around, stumbling upon his feet, many people didn't care to apologise to the boy, not having any consideration for his existence. Duck kind of preferred it that way, as he wasn't sure on how he would be able to pretend to be like one of them, while wearing his beloved box underneath the Upper World worn—down clothes.

As Duck navigated himself through the Town: he pushed himself through some people, got shoved back himself, was petrified by the Boxtroll ice—lollies of a Boxtroll's head on the lolly stick, clambered over some cheese carts and manoeuvred his way past a beautiful limo by climbing over it.

As a result, his soot and dirt got over onto the limo, being very noticeable. Duck was now climbing down from the hood, when the chauffeur for the Diaz Family saw this and wavered their arms in the air with frustration evident on their face.

" Hey, get back here, you little rascal ! "

The rusty boy enlarged his eyes in a bewildered manner, falling onto the floor, his bare—feet (basically becoming more exposed with each step he took, as his worn—out shoes he forced on for his disguise, wasn't working out so well) scraping against the cobblestone floor, picking up his own pace to get away from the car as quickly as he could.