1|Wish to Escape

I am not responsible for any trauma and or triggering you may have by reading. You have been warned.
————-

'I don't remember the last time I was ever happy...'

"This is our last stop! Everybody out!"

You gathered your large hiking bag and hopped off the bus, it brought you to the outskirts of the town. Your boots hitting against the pavement as you walked along the edge of the town. The barrier between the natural and the cityscape. This is where everything stops; people; cars; relationships; smiles...

You frowned feeling quite hollow as you crossed the border. Stepping into the unknown woods clutching your bag. You closed your eyes and took deep breaths trying to calm the panic in your chest.

You chose to run away from everything,

Work,

Your job,

Your family,

Your relationships,

Yourself.

Nothing felt real, nothing felt worth anything. After living out two months of your life at a psych ward and coming back to reality. You just wanted to escape. You thought getting closer to nature would help you.

So you took your spare key to your dad's cabin and you'd camp out here for a few weeks.

Until you felt better;

If you ever felt better.

The wood squeaked under your boots as you walked throughout the cabin. It felt as empty and hollow as you did.

Spiders and centipedes had done a great job making it there home, webs and decaying bug carcasses laid out to rot.

You immediately closed the door. It wasn't even worth getting settled in if the home looked like absolute garbage. You'd do it later but for now you just needed to escape.

You turned your head low to the earth ground and began walking away from the cabin. The dirt path was leading you towards mountain side, an abandoned hiking trail leading up it.

No one knew you where here, no one knew you existed at all. Your phone was in your home and your home restricting anklet was broken off and left on your blood stained carpet to rot.

This was your way of escaping. No one can hurt you but yourself out here.

You can die if you choose to and no one can tell you otherwise.

You could be free.

You inhaled the fresh air and continued walking up the mountain, having no destination in mind at all.

Butterflies and small critters scattering past you and running farther up the path.

Sometimes you wished you were an animal, no one expects anything from them. They do what they want and no one blames them or cares about it.

The wind howls in your ears, moving your hair from your face. With your head up you can see the sun beginning to set. From up high it looked as if you were leveled with the sun, face to face with it. The yellows turning into pinks and purples as the sun was leaving you.

Abandoning you like you had done to everything else in your life.

If you weren't in a state of psychosis. Maybe you could have felt the earth beneath you shake.

Maybe you'd care enough to grab onto the cliff's edge as you fell.

Maybe you'd feel something as a ear piercing 'SNAP' rang out from under you when your body met the earth again.

Maybe you'd cry out and scream for help if;

If you had cared.

But you didn't.

You didn't care as the blood rushes out of your body. You didn't care as everything ached. You didn't care as the sun began to set. You didn't care that you couldn't move any of your limbs. You didn't care that the likely hood of anyone finding your body was slim.

You just didn't care at all.

Your vision began to fill with black specs and your earring began to get softer and softer.

All you wished for was to escape.

All you wished for was to be happy again.

As you accepted death you heard the faint sounds of heavy hoofs trotting before you. You heard a voice but couldn't make out words as your eyes closed down shut.

Your wish had been granted.