02

[II] Goodlucks and Goodbyes

The banquet finally ended. Everyone was pleased at how the event goes, but displeased it has to end. Lily couldn't be more happier.

Lily stood there, waiting for her maids to finish preparing her for bed.

"I despise how squeaky Sally's voice is." Lily complained. "I need to have the most beautiful white gown for my wedding, and ooh! Diamonds." She said in a painfully high pitch voice, mocking Sally's speaking.

"She even tried to command us." One of her maids said.

Lily scowled. "Who does she think she is?! That insufferable bitch!"

"Lady, please be conscious of your language." Martha said. She has been there since she was born.

"Sorry, Martha." She apologised. "I just can't bare the thought of being with her at school. Imagine, hearing her annoying voice everyday. I told her numerous times to leave me alone, yet I'm still stuck with her." She complained.

"Please be nice to Sally." A new voice said. Lily looked up and saw her brother, Lewis.

"I'm being nice to her by being patient with her." Lily rolled her eyes.

"Why should you be so vile?" He questioned.

"I don't know, why are you so infuriating?" She asked back.

"I'm your brother, it's meant to be that way." He remarked. "Are you ready to go back to Miss Harrison?" He asked.

"Absolutely not!" Lily exclaimed. "That woman is very insufferable! She's making us embroide these stupid things."

"Well, goodluck." He said, nonchalantly. "Leo wants to talk to you."

"Who wouldn't?" She sarcastically said.

After Lewis exits the room, Leo walks in already in his sleepwear. The maids left her room after Leo signaled them. Lily is closer with him than Lewis. Lewis is always serious, while Leo loves to have fun.

"Are you going to wish me a good luck for school?" She asked, smirking.

"Yes," he said, nodding. "I got you a little something." He said, handing her folded clothes. "Here's my clothes when I'm younger. I'm pretty sure they'll fit you just perfectly fine."

"I appreciate this, Leo, I really do." She said with full gratitude on her voice.

"So..." He trailed off. "Where will you be running away? Do you have at least a place to stay while you hide?" He asked his little sister. Leo couldn't help it, but worry about her. She's just a kid, she barely went out alone.

"I cannot tell you." Lily said. Leo's small smile quickly turned into a frown. "No, no... It's not because I don't trust you, but..." She quickly said, trying her best to explain her reasons.

"Then what is it?" He asked.

"I don't want you to be involve and I still don't know what to do after I escape." She said. "I surely cannot go here... I'm thinking of going to London." She added.

"Well, if that's the case..." Leo started searching for something in his pocket. He revealed a train ticket to London. "I'll give you my train ticket to London... The train leaves in the morning, so you better start your escape at dawn." He advices.

Lily couldn't help it, but let go a few tears. She jumped to hug her brother. Leo just accepted the little girl in his arms. "I will be forever in your debt." She said.

"Please be careful." He whispered.

Lily just nodded. "Thank you." She said.

Leo let go of her sister. He holds her shoulders, staring deeply into her eyes. "You'll always be careful, okay? Go on and pack, you have a long day ahead of you." He said.

Lily nodded, still speechless. Leo wiped both of their tears, chuckling a little. He hate how fast she's growing. He gave her an assuring smile then left her room.

Lily sighed before putting the clothes on the very bottom of her bag. She knows it's very risky, but she would rather be roaming around an unfamiliar city than staying at a insufferable school and get married to someone she doesn't know.

-

Her family is escorting her to the carriage, waiting outside their manor. The servants carefully putting her stuffs inside.

"Remember to be nice, especially to Sally. She's your only friend, might as well keep her." Her mother said.

"I have other friends." Lily corrected her mother. Her two brothers just chuckled at her statement. Lily doesn't like social gatherings, she believes it's a waste of her time. "I really do!" She sneered, hitting both of her brothers' arm.

"Lily! Behave yourself!" Her mother gasped.

"Where's my little girl?" She heard her father's voice. She look at the opened front doors. Her father making his way towards them. "Ready for school?" He asked.

"Of course, but I'm more ready to come back for the winter." She said.

"Very well, you must go now before you become even more late." He said, looking at his pocket watch. He spread his arms open for his daughter who's going away for months. "I'll miss you, little one." He whispered, before kissing her forehead.

"I'll miss you too." She whispered back.

"Come on now!" Jane said, pulling the two away. "Miss Harrison surely is waiting for you." She added.

Lily walk up to the carriage, entering the vehicle. She looked at her family and the house. Her gaze fell into Leo.

"Good luck." He mouthed.

Lily just gave him a subtle nod. Her family wave her good bye while watching the carriage move towards the gate.

She took a deep breath. She look towards, not wanting to bat an eye to her home. Lily can't be soft right now, she know, she needs to run, if she wants to be happy.