09

[IX] Worried 

[IX] Worried 

The Matriarch of the Hastings Residence is pacing left to right

The Matriarch of the Hastings Residence is pacing left to right. There's no news yet about Lily, no witnesses, no letter, and no clue, it's like she disappeared from the surface of the earth.

"Would you stop pacing around like a buffoon!" Benedict exclaimed, harshly putting the glass of scotch on the table.

"How could I, Ben?! Our only daughter is missing! She's alone somewhere in the world, no where to go nor know someone." She retorted.

They are all panicking, Lily has not been found. Jane has been trying to distract herself but failed miserably. Benedict is drinking more than before just to calm his nerves every time the detectives they hired came up with no improvement in the case.

The noise stopped when the phone rung. Lewis, the most composed out of all of them, answered the call.

"She's in London?" He asked to the telephone. "Thank you, detective. We'll send the money in a couple of days." He said before hanging up.

"Any news?" Their father questioned.

"Someone spotted her in London with a boy." He said.

"Oh, no. What if she doesn't want to get married with the Marquess cause he's in love with someone else?" Jane theorizes.

"The boy she's with is the Marquess." Lewis confirmed.

Leo is scared for his sister. Their family is slowly finding out where her sister is. He's scared for her, he can imagine how their parents will react.

"I'll call Holmes to find him." Benedict said before taking a sip of his scotch.  

"Call everyone you know. We have to find Lily." Jane demanded. 

"Will you please calm down?!" He was frustrated. "You worrying will get us nowhere!" It was evident. He's losing it. 

"What's wrong of being worried?! She's my daughter, Ben!" She exclaimed.

The brothers knew that it will be the start of a screaming match. They just stood there, watching the events flash before their eyes. The couple is quite the opposite to each other.  Benedict wants everything in order, but he much more prefer to let time decides the outcomes of everything. Jane, on the other hand– is rather a very dramatic woman. She takes everything to heart. Lewis and Leo are aware that after their screaming they'll be smitten again like yesterday. 

"Well, she is also my daughter, Jane!" Benedict points out. "I'll never let anyone nor anything hurt he– not even a fly!" 

"If you are such a mighty father... go to London and look for her then. You always put your trust to those pesky investigators." She challenged him. "Especially with that man named Sherlock! You look up to the man like he is some sort of guy that performs miracles! He's not a god for goodness sake!"

"I never worshiped him, Jane! It just turns out he's the best out of all the investigators here in England." He points out. "We'll just send Uncle Albert to look for her. He's a family after all." 

"I don't want to owe him the life of my daughter! Annalise will ask me to hook their daughters to the prince of a great nation." She said in a very visible disagreement.

"Should we do something?" Leo asked his brother. 

"I got this." Lewis whispered back. "Pa! Ma! Stop fighting. I'll look for Lily." He volunteers. 

"No! You have a pregnant wife, she'll be needing you more now." Their mom said.

"I thought you want to find Lily? Our son, her brother, is already volunteering to lead the search yet you stopped him." Benedict said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I'll go look for her in London." Leo volunteered, breaking their conversation on who's to send in the search for her sister. He knows why Lily is hiding, he's aware of her plans.

"Please be careful, my boy." His mother said while giving him a hug on his side.

"Send us a call if you possesses any news about your sister." Benedict said, setting his glass down the table. "If there's any inconvenience, we'll immediately send Lewis to help you."

Without any word, Leo leaves the hall. He has to make sure his sister is safe. He knows her capabilities, but he's still a young kid. It was not his plan to look for her in London, the girl needs to venture the world before she gets tied down by marriage. 

"Prepare the carriage." He commanded the butler. "I'm going back to London for a while."