08

[VIII] Finding Him

[VIII] Finding Him

Lily went back to her flat

Lily went back to her flat. She prepared herself a bath. There's too much of things that happened in the span of this whole morning.

She is sitting with her journal and a graphite pen in hand, scratching for a plan. Lily wants to save Nicholas, but why?

Why does she wants him safe? Why does she feel it's her responsibility? Shouldn't she just leave him alone? They already parted ways earlier.

It stresses Lily out. It's supposed to be her escape to have a peaceful living before returning and facing marriage, yet she's here with the Marquess of Basilwether in her mind.

"What did you do to me, Tewkesbury?" She asked herself as if he's there to answer. "Why am I suddenly going out my ways to save you?"

Lily got ready to leave her place once again today. She has some ideas where Nicholas might be hiding. The boy is interested with flowers. He might have gotten a job in the flower market.

She locked her place and went outside to search for the boy.

Searching for him seems so easy, but she is still here struggling to look for him. The flowers only distracted her, they look so beautiful.

There he was, standing tall. Nicholas was selling flowers to a man in fancy clothes.

Once, he left his stall. She walked slowly and carefully. His back was in front of her.

"What flower do you think that'll suit my eyes?" Lily kindly asked, drawing the attention of the boy she spent searching for.

The voice is all too familiar to him. Tewkesbury turned to her, surprised by her voice. His face quickly displayed a wide smile. Lily quickly reciprocated it.

"How did you find me?" He asked, a hint of surprise in his voice.

"Using your interest against you." Lily simply said. "Do you know there's an reward?" She asked, nonchalantly.

"Wha— what? What reward?" He questioned, confuse if she's being sarcastic.

Lily handed him the missing poster. Tewkesbury read the letters. He looks at her with eyes, he couldn't believe it.

"You... uhmmm, you'll turn me in?" he questioned, nervous she'll say yes.

"Oh, God! No, I almost died because I helped you escape your own train death." Lily said. She might want him to feel guilty, hiding the fact she's concern because she likes him.

"Really? Are you hurt? You should've rest instead going on your way to find me." Tewkesbury said, bothered due to the fact she is almost killed because of him.

"So, do you have a decent place to stay?" She asked, smelling the pink flower she took from the basket.

"Not yet, I do not quite have the money for that." He answered.

"Stay with me." She said, bluntly.

Tewkesbury looked at her like she just said something crazy. It is quite scandalous, two people with different genders living at a same place out of wedlock? Tabloids will have a ball, making different versions of the story.

"The man from the train, came to me looking for you." Lily started her explanation behind her offer. "I didn't gave in, since you're not the only one going to be in trouble. I almost got killed just because I helped you and I was seen with you." She said.

"What did he do to you? Are you alright?" He questioned, his voice filled with worries.

"We fought, but I'm completely fine." She said, assuring him. "Just stay with me until you're not the center of people's attention."

Tewkesbury agreed. Lily opened the door to her flat. Everything was in place like she first arrived, only the bedroom is a mess.

"Would you like some tea?" She offered. "Biscuit? Pastry?"

"A tea will be fine. I'm quite full." He said.

Lily went to the kitchen to boil water. Nicholas followed her every steps she took.

They sat facing each other in the dining area as they wait for the water to boil. Lily was looking through the news.

"Do you think Enola is doing well on her own?" Nicholas asked.

Lily stopped her actions. Of course, he'll worry about her. She was different from any other girls out there. Everyone wants a breath of fresh air.

"She's a smart girl." Lily said, reminding him. "Enola is more prepared with her escape compare to the both of us." She added.

"That's not true." Nicholas disagreed. Lily looked at him confused. "You had everything planned."

"That's not true." She tried to deny. Lily hated people saying how she's such a perfectionist, nothing about her is perfect.

"Tell me." He challenged. "Do you plan looking for me and staying with you, lily pad?"

Lily was taken aback by his question. How can she say that she fancies him enough to save him? No! She can't be too easy. How can he ask such question so easily. With that nickname, she doesn't like it. Her grandma used to call her that before she passed away. It was her favourite flower. Lily missed her so much, she hates coincidence that's why she planned everything. Coincidence is such an insensitive prick.

Before she answered, the kettle whistles. She looked at him before standing up to turn off the stove. Nicholas is still waiting for an answer. Knowing Lily, she will be too embarrassed to admit the real reason. She can't admit it to herself, how so to others.

"Don't call me lily pad." She gritted.