06

[VI] Missing Lily

[VI] Missing Lily

The sun shines bright

The sun shines bright. Lily is the first one to wake up. She started cleaning up their mess last night, the burnt woods that litters their camp side, the knives they used to cut the food and Tewkesbury's hair.

"You woke up so early." A comment from the little marquess. Lily stopped in her tracks and look at the boy. She just shrugged at him. "Are you ready?"

"Yes, I'll be able to completely leave this place and get on with my plan." She answered. Lily closed her suitcase She stopped and looked at the boy whose eyes are wandering. "Are you?"

Tewkesbury just looked at her. Lily doesn't like his eyes lookinh at her without any words leaving him, she felt he was judging her. Lily waved her hand towards his face.

"O-oh! Of course! This is a very risky journey, but I think I'll manage." He said, escaping his very own trance. "Where will you be heading after we arrived at London?" He asked.

"To the flower district." She answered.

It was the perfect place for her to go in hiding. Her family doesn't know she likes flowers, only her brother Leo knows about this interest of her.

Tewkesbury looked at her with bright eyes. An idea popped into his head. He's thinking to go with her. Lily did get the idea, but hated it. It will only make her revise her own plan she came up last night.

"No... No! Don't ever think about coming with me." Lily said, getting ahead of him.

"Please! I'll stay on my best behaviour along the trip." He begged. Lily just nodded and let him be.

The sheeps bleating behindi their back as the three ride a farmers' farm wagon who's going to London. Enola was the one who persuaded the farmers to let them ride.

Enola and Tewkesbury seems to be chatting, while Lily watches Tewkesbury and the view behind him.

Soon a they arrived in a busy street of London. When the cart stops, Enola hoped off the back, dusting her dirty trousers.

"Oh, so this is where we part?" Tewkesbury asked out of realisation.

"It is." she answered.

"Then, thank you, Enola Holmes, for helping me here." He said.

"You were supposed to have forgotten that name." She reminded him.

"Then you'll have to find another."

"I wish you good luck on your escape." Lily said, smiling kindly to the smart girl in front of her. Enola smiled at her.

"I'll wish you the same." She said.

The cart resumed running again. Lily let out a small wave to Enola as they go farther from each other.

Tewkesbury looked at Lily. She caught him staring. Tewkesbury didn't shy away, but sent her a charming smile.

"Are you scared?" He asked, resting his head on the small wood, restricting us from falling. "Venturing alone."

"I am, but as long as everything is planned, I'll be fine." She said. It was obvious, Lily has everything planned.

"So, it's that just simple?" He raised an eyebrow. "Everything must be planned?"

Due to the boy's statement, Lily started to doubt her plans. It's like he magically found the flaw of her plans without even pointing it out.

"I supposed." She answered shortly, her unsureness was drowning her. "I'll survive. My journey is planned even before my brother's engagement ball happened." Pretending to be confident with her words is hard for her.

"i don't have a plan." He looked down. "I just escaped, scared of my own life." He added.

"You'll figure it out soon." She comforts him.

The cart soon came into a halt. They stopped in front of a market selling various of stuffs, like newspapers, animals, and... flowers.

"I guess this is us parting." Lily said, hopping of the cart, collecting her suitcase.

"Will we meet again?" Tewkesbury asked, holding the pulse of her hand.

Lily found herself being charmed by the marquess. She cleared her throat. "Let's leave it to fate, shall we Tewkesbury?" She said, pulling her hand away from him and putting it to his cheek. She then kissed that same hand.

"Call me Nicholas please." He said, holding her hand that is sitting on his face.

She watched the marquess looked at her with sad eyes. She just nodded. Lily started walking away.

Back home— at the Hastings' Residence. The Duke of Oxford just received a call that he never expected. He looked over at his wife— whose face showing a worried expression.

"Thank you Miss Harrison for informing us." He said before putting the telephone down.

"What happened? Is Lily fine? Why did she called?" Jane quickly bombarded him with questions.

"Lily is missing since yesterday." He informed her.

Lily's father— Benedict is very worried. Their only daughter is missing. He know her daughter is a huge threat to other aristocratic girls her age, but their parents couldn't do that since he made it clear Lily is engaged.

"Should we conduct a search for her? How much should we pay for a reward?" Her mother is already brainstorming ways to quicken their search for her only daughter.

Leo heard about his parents' conversation. He knew this day would come. He helped his sister to escape that horrible place. Even though he know about his sister's plan of escape, he is still worried since he haven't receive a letter from her yet.

"Lily escaped?" He asked, playing the role of the confuse worried brother.

"Apparently." His father said, sitting on the chair. He was pinching the bridge of his nose, stressing.

"Should we hire a detective?" He suggested.

"A private one. We can't let the public know about your missing sister." Benedict said. "It will start a huge fuse and everyone will make it a huge opportunity to trick us for money." He points out, making it clear to keep the public away from the situation.

"Viscount Tewkesbury Marquess of Basilwether went missing yesterday." Lewis read it out loud the newspaper he is holding as he enter the room. "Isn't that Lily's fiancé?" He asked, handing the paper to his father.

He let out a sigh before nodding. Benedict put the newspaper down to his desk.

"Call Marlowe, he will find her in no time." Benedict commanded his eldest.

"And if he failed to do so?" Jane asked.

"We'll start a search for her." He simply answered.