Club, Bed, Then Work

"I always wondered what I saw in you," He said with a sneer.
   "You know what? I did too. But then I look in the mirror and see the hot chick looking back," I replied with a sneer that outranked his pitiful existence.

Marcus and I had been together for 4 years. 4 Years of dealing with his complaints, emotional abuse, and cheating. I used to tell myself I loved him. I was sadly mistaken. It took me catching him in bed with my skanky sister to make me realize that I can do much better. After all, He was living in my house, sleeping in my bed, and eating my food. Also sleeping with your sister my subconscious provided.

I snorted, the dingbat can have him. I was sick and tired of being with him. I used to be fun, I used to go out and get so drunk I wouldn't remember who I was or what I was doing. I miss me.

   "Get out."

He stopped talking and stared at me.

   "Get OUT!"

He scoffed

   "If I leave who will want you? I'm sure you know that you're not worth anything. Hell, I had to sleep with your sister to feel any semblance of good. If I leave, I'm not coming back and you'll be all alone."

This smug bastard thought he had won. He thought that he could drag me down and make me keep him. But he also had another thing coming.

   "You have to the count of 10 to get as much of your shit and get the fuck out," I said calmly.

  "10."

  "Now Ash-"

   "9."

   "You can't do-"

   "8."

   "GODAMNIT! You-"

   "7."

   "6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1."

He was still standing in front of me as if I wasn't being serious. I was so serious it hurt.

      "You can't do anything to me, you're weak. I'm going to stay right here and still sleep with your sister. And you can't do anything about it.

This... This... this imbecile. He really thought that nothing was going to happen. I slowly turned around and made my way to the kitchen, Marcus dogging my steps and spewing his word bile everywhere. I had a nice surprise for him. I saw my favorite cast iron skillet, sitting so unassuming on the counter. I picked it up and swung it with all my might into his right kneecap. He screamed like the little bitch he was. I was okay with that. He started calling me all types of names until I swung it to his other kneecap and heard a crack. He really started screaming then. I stepped over him and went to the bedroom we once shared. I started taking all of his clothing out of the drawers and tossing them out the front door. After I had finished I went back to the kitchen and squatted down by his face.

       "I don't give a damn if you have to crawl your way out of my apartment, but you had better start moving, my skillet is itching to slap a bitch."

And with that I walked into the living room, turned on the television and sat back to relax. Problem solved.

     "Did you hear me Ash?"

I snapped back to the present, all of that had been some type of twisted fantasy. I was still standing in my door way watching my sister gather her clothing and watch my boyfriend of 4 years stay in bed and watch me.

      "Ashlynn, I don't love you anymore and I'm leaving you for your sister."

I nodded my head and stepped to the side to let my sister pass by. Marcus just sat on the bed and stared at me.