Ruv x reader

You are terrified of loud noises, have been for as long as you can remember. And that didn't change when you met Sarvente and Ruv, well, more specifically Ruv. Anytime he talked it's super loud and it always scared you. You want to spend more time with Ruv, but he always scares you with his loud voice.

Ruv, on the other hand, has noticed that you tend to stay away from him and he thought it was rather odd. Of course, his first idea is to ask Sarvente about it, since she knows you better than he does. The two of them were just taking a bit of a walk through the church, making sure it was all cleaned up and ready for the next day. Ruv figured it would be a good time to ask about you, seeing as you weren't around yet.

"...Sarv."

"Hmm? What is it, Ruv?" She glanced up at the taller male, picking up a few things here and there she found.

"Why is Y/n so.. distant towards me..? Are they scared of me?"

"I'm surprised you would even ask that question, Ruv! I thought you didn't care what others thought about you." Ruv only shrugged in response.

"Well, if you must know.. Y/n isn't scared of you, per se.. it's your voice."

"My.. voice?"

"Yes. They won't admit this but.. it's loud and booming, and that's what they're afraid of. They're afraid of loud noises. Other than that, they really like you, Ruv! They would like to be around you more."

"Afraid of loud noises..? But they're not afraid of me.."

"That's right."

"I see.. thank you, Sarv."

"You're welcome!"

Over the next few days, whenever you were around, Ruv would be there with you, but one thing was odd to you: he was quieter than usual. Not that you didn't mind, but you just thought it was really odd. So you were going to find out what was going on with him.

"Ruv..? Could I talk with you..?" You asked as you approached him. He looked over at you and nodded, then the two of you walked off to another room to talk.

"You've been oddly quiet today.. like more so than usual, and it's worrying."

"...Sarv told me you were afraid of how loud my voice is." You made a noise of surprise when he spoke up, as you usually did when he talked.

"That.. may be true, but I still like you, Ruv. I'm not afraid of you or anything like that.. you may be intimidating, but that doesn't bother me. I'm just scared of loud noises, and I have been since I was younger."

"I could.. help you with that..?" Ruv suggested.

"You would be willing to help me with my silly little fear..?"

"Of course."

"I would really appreciate that, thank you." You smiled faintly and hugged him, which caught him off guard at first.. until he hugged you back.

A few weeks have passed since then, and you were slowly but surely getting better with your fear of loud noises. And spending so much time with Ruv was nice, since you did have a bit of a crush on him. Speaking of which, you were going to finally tell him how you felt, especially now that you were getting better with your fear.

You were just sitting by yourself as you waited for Ruv to finish helping Sarvente clean up or.. whatever she had him helping her with, as you weren't entirely sure, but you didn't want to be nosy, so you just waited for him. You were brought from your thoughts as you felt a tap on the shoulder. You looked up to see Ruv standing behind you.

"You're early! I thought you were still helping Sarvente."

"I was.. she let me leave early."

"Really? Alright then, let's get going then!" You got up and walked outside with him. The two of you talked a bit as you walked to somewhere that you know you wouldn't be bothered. You had found a secluded place in the park that was nearby, and the two of you were now just sitting and chilling in the shade of the trees.

"Hey, Ruv..?"

"Hmm?"

"I just want to thank you for helping me over these past few weeks."

"You're welcome."

"I'm just surprised you would help me like this."

"Well of course.." he mumbled something along the lines of "I do like you, after all.."

"You like me..?" Ruv was quiet for a few moments.. until he pulled you into a hug.

"I do like you, Y/n." You smiled faintly and hugged him back.

"I like you too, Ruv. We should hang out more."

"Agreed." You two stayed like that for a while, just talking and getting to know each other better, and coming up with plans to hang out again soon.