~Prologue~

Tw: none!

It's hot and sticky outside when I wake up. For the last week it's getting more and more humid outside and today is unbearable already. It's only 7:36 in the morning and I woke up in a puddle of my own sweat.

I groan and roll out of bed, change into a tank top and shorts and make my way to the kitchen where Sapnap is already making breakfast. I turn the coffee pot on before turning to him and sighing, "I'm gonna go get a large dehumidifier today and another air conditioner if you wanna come along."

He doesn't turn to look at me when he replies "I think I'll come. Air conditioning blowing on me in the car sounds like heaven right now", he laughs and turns the stove off, "breakfast is done too."

We both make a plate of food and sit across from one another. Despite being rich our kitchen and dining room are both pretty small. We have a table large enough only for both of us to eat at, on the rare mornings we choose to eat together.

We ate breakfast in silence then went to our rooms to get ready for the day. I changed my shorts into sweats and put a flannel on over the tank top then went to the bathroom and brushed my hair and teeth. After i was done i grabbed my phone and keys and walked to the front door and waited for sap who came down a minute after.

We both went out to the car and i got in the driver side and immediately turned on the air conditioning and set it to high. We both signed in relief when the cold air hit us.

After coming home from the store and getting both the air conditioner and dehumidifier set up we both sat on the couch to watch tv together as it was too hot to be in our rooms. Out of nowhere our show was interrupted by the news channel.

The reporter was shouting into the screen and there was complete chaos in the background. We couldn't tell what it was but it was destroying the city behind her. We also couldn't tell what she was saying since the roar of the large object in the back was so loud. An orange thing flew at the screen before the power went out and i could no longer see anything.

Word count: 408