~memories~

Tw: crying.

"I'm rooming with Nick" I immediately blurt out.

"Well I don't wanna room with you, you stink" he replies while laughing.

I cross my arms and look at my other options. There's Karl, who looks terrified and there's George who's gorgeous as ever.

"I want to room with Karl," George speaks up before I can choose someone.

"Guess I will be stuck with you dream" Sapnap replies with a smile. We go to our rooms and I lay on my bed and start thinking.

I think about how I have opportunities for new friends here, then my mind wanders to my family. I'm worried about Drista. I panic not knowing if she's okay. I panic not knowing if these people are going to be my last interactions ever. I let these panics take over me as I think about memories with my family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Clayyyyy! I want to hang out with you and Nick!" Drista dramatically threw herself on my floor.

I pushed her out of my room, "you can hang out with us another time! we have forever Drista"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sat down in a circle with my family on Christmas morning. We were all laughing and opening presents. I offered to cook pancakes but mom laughed and said she loved me but she didn't want my cooking. Nonetheless she still let me help her cook while dad and Drista set the table.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up to quiet cries. I get out of bed and walk across the hall to my sisters room. I knocked and opened the door when I heard no answer and saw Drista wrapped up in her blanket crying. "What happened?"

"My best friend left me! She replaced me. I have nobody now!"

I sat on the edge of her bed and hugged her tight. "You have me. You'll never lose me no matter what"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I broke down crying at the last memory. I promised her she'd never lose me, but we've lost each other and I can't be sure she's safe. I wanted to embrace her one last time. I should have taken the time to hang out with her, I never should have assumed forever. At that moment, I made a promise to myself I would do anything it takes to get the human race back from whoever took everyone.

Words: 387