Chapter 4- A Dark Turn

(August 7, 1994)

As the sun sets over the landscape of Ossus, Philip takes a deep breath, eyes closed as he's meditating. For the past several days, Philip has been using the holocrons he retrieved from the ruins of the great Library to learn about the Force. It had taken him some time to learn how to even use the holocrons, but he had figured it out and was now slowly probing their secrets to learn how to use his powers.

As Philip is meditating, he slowly reaches within himself to access his power. Slowly, he feels his body rise off of the rock he's been sitting on, lifting about four inches. Then, reaching out with the Force, Philip grabs hold of rocks lying on the ground around him and lifting them into the air. He lifts them over his head and switches up their positions before lowering them back to the ground.

Philip lowers himself back to the ground. Opening his eyes, he looks out over the landscape of Ossus, the setting sun painting the landscape in orange hues. He looks solemnly into the distance. He's started to truly understand the kind of power he holds over the last few days. Not only that, but he's started to think that if he can train himself properly, he can stand a chance of bringing down the Sith.

As he's looking over the landscape, Philip looks down towards where the holocrons he gathered are resting on top of a flat stone a few feet away. He's counted himself very lucky he has these holocrons to guide him in his training. However, now, his gaze focuses on one of them.

The one he focuses on is the pyramidal shaped holocron that was identified as having been created thousands of years ago by the ancient Sith Lord called Tulak Hord. Against part of his conscience, and certainly what the Jedi would've advised, Philip has begun to sincerely believe that his best chance of bringing down the Sith lies with this holocron and understanding the ways of the dark side.

However, today, Philip has begun to think that the secrets contained in the holocron are not enough. From what he's been able to tell by examining the holocron's contents, Tulak Hord reigned over the Sith around 6,000 years ago. He has begun to feel that he needs to know more than this holocron will reveal, but is certainly to be found elsewhere.

As he looks down at the holocron, Philip comes to a decision. He climbs down from the rock he's sitting on and proceeds to gather up all of the items laying around him before he heads back to the shuttle. When he gets to the shuttle, Philip places all of the items in a storage chest in the back of the shuttle before making his way to the cockpit.

"Alright, R2. We're leaving. Power up the ship and prepare for hyperspace," Philip orders. R2 beaps a few times in response.

Philip and R2 work together to power up the ship, and within a minute, Philip lifts the shuttle off the ground. He holds it on level flight for a few seconds before pulling up and flying up out of the atmosphere.

R2 beeps a few times to ask where to go. Philip, without looking back, orders, "R2, set course for Korriban."

R2 beeps in alarm a few times. Glancing back, Philip says firmly, "You heard me, R2. We're going to Korriban, so program the navicomputer."

R2 beeps in a lower tone, but obeys and starts programming the navicomputer. After a few moments, it trills to confirm it has programmed the navicomputer. Philip then pulls the throttles, and the shuttle disappears into hyperspace.

(Over a day later)

"And, now," Philip mutters to himself. He pulls back on the hyperspace throttles, and the shuttle comes out of hyperspace. And just up ahead is Korriban.

Philip stops to look at it for a few moments before muttering, "Well, there it is, R2. Korriban. The old home of the Sith. Question is, how many secrets are left down there that I could use."