Chapter 14- A Drastic Turn

(October 2, 2004)

As the sun begins to set over a city on the planet of Fondor, on top of a building, Philip looks over the city. A slight breeze is blowing, causing his cape to flap around him a bit. He is completely still, just watching over the city.

In the last month, starting shortly after Philip killed Reva on Tatooine, Philip had started to notice that the Empire seemed to be mounting more efforts to go after him. Philip is beginning to think that maybe his involvement in Obi-Wan's brief foray out into the galaxy may have struck the Emperor in a way that made him order further efforts made to bring in Philip.

Philip had just spent almost an hour escaping the local garrison after they had spotted him. Now, he's just staying on the roof of a large building, watching Imperial troop movements, waiting for the chance he needs to make a break for his shuttle.

Philip suddenly feels something. Looking up into the sky, he sees a Lambda class shuttle descending towards the city, heading for the main Imperial landing pads. Philip feels suspicious. He reaches out through the Force to see if he can discern who is onboard.

Almost immediately, Philip feels a darkness. A thick, powerful darkness he has only felt once before. Years ago, on Nur.

"Vader," he says under his breath. Of course. That's why he's felt a sense of unease and darkness in his life since the duel on Tatooine. Vader must have decided to finally start searching for Philip himself.

Philip thinks quickly. He knows that Vader will be able to find him sooner or later. The question is whether or not to face him or flee. Philip has grown a lot stronger since he last faced Vader, but so has Vader.

After a moment, Philip decides he's not going to face Vader here. He's ready to face Vader, but he needs Vader to come to him on his terms. Philip turns and heads for the stairs that lead onto the roof, knowing he has to move quick.

It takes Philip less than a minute to get down to the ground level and out of the building. As he heads out of the building, he quickly ducks behind some crates to avoid being seen by some stormtroopers, then heads down the street as quick as he can, heading for where his shuttle is parked on the outskirts of the city.

As Philip is running, he's careful to keep his senses open. He doesn't trust that he'll be able to keep ahead of Vader forever, especially if he's spotted again.

Thankfully, Philip is able to make quick progress running towards the edge of the city, encountering only a single squad of stormtroopers, which he slaughters with ease before they can send out a warning.

As Philip nears the edge of the city, he is starting to feel a sense of ease, thinking he's gonna be able to get to his shuttle without interference. Then, all of a sudden, he feels something. A slight chill, one he knows now is typical of an Inquisitor.

Philip skids to a halt, quickly drawing his saber and igniting it, turning slowly, looking for whoever caused that feeling. It doesn't take more than a few moments before a young man, wearing the customary robes and armor of an Inquisitor, holding a lit double bladed lightsaber.

"You seem young," Philip says, snark filling his voice.

"And I will still bring you in," the Inquisitor responds. However, Philip can sense unease from the Inquisitor. It's clear this Inquisitor is relatively young and inexperienced. He must be another relatively new recruit to the Inquisitorius brought in to help fill the gaps in their ranks he created with his crusade.

"We'll see," Philip says firmly before he uses the Force to lift several crates and send them flying at the Inquisitor. The inquisitor cuts them up with his lightsaber, but the distraction allows Philip the opportunity he needs. He charges at the Inquisitor, leaping up and coming down at the Inquisitor with extra momentum, slamming his saber against the Inquisitor's.