Chapter 10- Fortress Inquisitorius

(July 16, 1999)

In the cockpit of his Lambda class shuttle, Philip carefully monitors his systems. His shuttle is approaching the Mustafar system and is only moments from the end of its hyperspace run.

The last two weeks since his fight with the Seventh Brother, Philip has been preparing on his strike against the Fortress Inquisitorius. He had traveled to several planets in the time before launching his strike, trying to find an idea as to which Inquisitors are deployed across the galaxy and which are at Fortress Inquisitorius. During this time, he had traveled to the planet Bogano, where he learned the Inquisitor known as the Second Sister had seized a holocron that had been kept safe on Bogano. The holocron contained a list of Force sensitive individuals across the galaxy. Philip had accelerated his plans to attack the fortress after that, knowing he had to retrieve that holocron.

Philip had carefully planned out his assault. Intel showed that in addition to the Second Sister, there were two more Inquisitors at the fortress. With luck, his plan will work.

"Alright. Coming out of hyperspace in three, two, one," he mutters to himself before pulling back on the hyperspace throttles. As he does, the shuttle drops out of hyperspace, the Mustafar system coming into view. And directly ahead of him is his target: the moon Nur.

Philip pulls up the map of Nur, which includes the location of the fortress. He scans the ocean around the Fortress, finding a small island about a hundred miles from the fortress. Philip selects that as his landing site and flies down towards the island.

As Philip nears the atmosphere, he begins to hear radio calls from the Fortress, asking for his ID and his intentions. However, Philip intentionally ignores all of them. He's hoping that will draw their attention enough that may draw the Inquisitors out after him.

Philip carefully flies his shuttle down to the island he identified. Thankfully, no TIE fighters or other craft try to come meet him. His flight down is uneventful, and soon enough, he sets the shuttle down on the island in the middle of a thick grove of trees to hide it from sight.

Philip shuts down the shuttle before standing up and turning to his trusty droid. "R2, watch the ship. I'll be back soon enough.," he says calmly before walking out of the cockpit, R2's worried beeps fading into silence as he leaves the shuttle.

Philip walks slowly out into the trees surrounding the shuttle. He makes his way out of the grove and into a wide open clearing. Then, he sits down cross legged in the middle of the clearing and begins to meditate.

For about an hour, Philip sits motionless in the center of the clearing, just waiting to see if his plan is going to work. Then, he hears something. The sound of engines as a shuttle flies in and lands on the island. Philip remains exactly where he is, unmoving, still meditating, waiting for his enemies to come to him.

It's a few more minutes, before he senses a presence on the edge of the clearing. Philip slowly opens his eyes and looks at the edge of the clearing, where he sees two Inquisitors entering the clearing. They are being trailed by six purge troopers.

The group stops about 20 yards from Philip. The two sides just stare at each other for a few moments before one of the Inquisitors calls across the clearing, "The Crimson Blade. You would dare come to the world we call home base?"

"You'll find I'm unafraid of doing a lot of things," Philip responds, calm as can be.

"What brings you here?" the other Inquisitor demands.

"I think it would be obvious. They don't call me the Inquisitor Killer for nothing. My saber has the blood of three Inquisitors stained on it. I'm here to add to that tally," Philip says as he slowly gets to his feet. He then slowly draws his lightsaber, its blade springing to life, humming ominously.