8|| You make me feel like a fool, waiting for you.

Adrien watched as Marinette ran out to Alyas' car and he sighed, slumping over. Of course she wouldn't want him, why would she?

She was gorgeous, and completely focused on her studies, not to mention she was 8 years younger than him, no doubt she probably thought he'd make her into a subservient house wife.

He'd never do that to her, he'd never do that to anyone, but especially not to her. She was far too fiery and talented for that lifestyle, not that there was anything wrong with being a housewife if you chose that.

He felt guilty about last night, he wanted to make it up to her reassure her that if they had to just be friends that he was gonna be the best possible friend he could be.

That's why he bought her pink roses instead of red, that's why instead of cooking her favourite food for dinner he cooked her second favourite, that's why the main light in the dining hall stayed on opposed to a romantic dinner by candlelight, he wanted her to be comfortable.

Marinette entered their home after a day of shopping with multiple shopping bags, making her way to the kitchen to grab a snack.

However, Adrien grabbed her in the hall, and with a proud smile declared "Dinner is served."

She chuckled at him, "What's all this?" she dropped the bags on the floor next to the wall as she walked over to take her seat.

He rushed over to her and pulled her seat out, "Well you see, it's only fair i make dinner if you made breakfast, this is a partnership isn't."

She giggled and picked up her cutlery, "Thought you couldn't cook?" her blue eyes followed him round the table to where he was sitting.

"A simple common misconception, I can't cook a lot of stuff, but I make really good macaroni." He felt bad lying, but it'd be a bit humiliating if Marinette knew he couldn't cook.

"I'll be the judge of that, you know my dads Italian don't you?" She narrowed her eyes at him, but the grin on her face told a different story.

"Ah! See that's where your wrong, the Italians didn't invent macaroni cheese, the sauce is actually from Paris." He replied, resting his head on his hands that were propped up on the table.

Marinette blinked twice, "Why are you so invested in macaroni?" she joked with a smile, and Adrien smirked at seeing her smile.

"I'm not, I'm just a big nerd with a lot of random knowledge about a lot of random things, like did you know that the majority of white horses are actually grey? and they just loose their pigmentation as they get older?" He smiled looking down at his food, picking up his fork.

"No, No I didn't." Marinette giggled, "You know this is so odd." She stated, and Adrien tensed a little worried for her next words.

"W-What is?" He stuttered out, she gave him a shy smile a little afraid to say, "Don't take this the wrong way, but how can you be so goofy yet you have literally killed people and tortured them?"

Adrien nearly dropped his fork, his smile quickly dropped from his face, "you make it sound like I'm scary, and that I enjoy doing that." he muttered, Marinette began to apologise profusely, repeatedly saying she didn't mean it in an offensive way.

She took a deep breath, before going on to explain herself, "No one enjoys killing - I know that, it's just something that has to be done, so what do you enjoy?" she tested the waters with the question at the end - hoping he would take the bait.

He gave her a nervous smile, before he was sent into nerd overload - Marinette couldn't help but laugh at his childlike excitement as he spoke about physics, how he loved sweet treats but couldn't make them, and how above all he absolutely adored playing the piano.