11 || I've finally found you

Adrien's slow and steady uprise out of grief was something Marinette was happy to be there for, because if she wasn't there who would be? Marinette soured at the thought of this kind man having to endure something like that all by himself. But today was the day that she was going to ensure that he left the house, got dressed and just had a day where he could feel like himself again. Accompanied by her and her attitude that he'd sometimes define as 'bratty' she was beyond excited, and their first stop was a local coffee shop for breakfast.

Marinette tried not to think about the irony of having to direct him to where she was taking him, as she didn't yet hold her licence but Adrien had promised to teach her as soon the document declaring her a learner had came. Bemoaning about how it was a valuable life skill, and if you'd excuse his french, fucking ridiculous that her dad especially didn't see that. Marinette couldn't help laughing at him, he was such a passionate person - that also included his minor disagreements where he wouldn't shut up about things that he disliked.

She scoffed looking at her phone before stamping her foot, and whining "Adrien!" at the top of her lungs which caused him to hurry down towards the bottom of the stairs calling out "I'm coming!" repeatedly. Normally, it was Marinette in Adrien's position - rushing to get ready, Adrien was always patient gently reminding her that they had to hurry up. Marinette patience was wearing thin with him - this was suppose to be a day of healing! Which she told him - multiple times.

Once he reached her he pecked her cheeks, and smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. The sunglasses on his head matched the ones adored on hers, she flicked his down and scowled at him, "Adrien, this is suppo-" she was interrupted with him giving her a scowl similar to hers, clearly intended on mimicking her "Adrien, this is suppose to be a day of healing" he dramatically sighed before lifting his glasses to his head.

"You're an ass!" she whined walking towards the car, and he cackled behind her chasing after her after locking the house door and opening the one to the car.

Once settled in the car, they both flicked the glasses on their head down to cover their eyes, Marinette asking "You ready?" and he smirked, "Born ready" - it was time to perform their dramatic rendition of jagged stones song 'I gave up everything but my dreams.'

Marinette thought the song related to both of them, during the night just before Adrien and her fell asleep they had spoken of what their lives would be like in another life. Marinette would be a simple designer, making elegant designs for the upperclass and Adrien would be a teacher, specifically physics what Marinette had found amusing - a killer mob boss as a teacher, what was he going to do? Hunt the kids down for owing him homework, ah yes she could see it now "say hello to my little friend" and instead of students being met with the threatening head of Al Pacino's machine gun they'd be met with Mr Agrestes almost equally as threatening detention slip.

Marinette tried not to think of how attractive Adrien would be as a teacher, and how Marinette wished she could receive detention for being such a bad bad gir- Okay moving on! She was giving herself the ick at this point. The drive was a short one filled with them belting out their favourite Jagged Stone songs, organised by Marinette.

Parking in Paris, has always been a nightmare, and will continue to be a nightmare, he ended up having performing the parallel park manoeuvre about a 5 minute walk away from store, Marinette felt unable to move her eyes away from him while he s. He was so handsome, his chiselled jawline and face furrowed in concentration was a sight to see indeed, but before she knew it, he had parked. He turned to her asking, "You ready to rock and roll?" Marinette cringed at hearing it. "Sorry, I didn't realise i was in the car with a middle aged white man. Who are you? My dad?" she teased, he rolled his eyes, "Not middle aged yet, little bug" he booped her nose. She scowled at him, "I'm not that short!" Adrien shrugged nonchalantly, "If you say so." before she could answer back he left the car. She continued to scowl at him when he reached the the door, Adrien rolled his eyes teasingly saying "healing" in a tone meant to make her pity him. Marinette immediately felt bad, "I'm so sorry!" and pulled him in for a hug which he chuckled at, "I'm okay." he attempted to pull away.