10 || Bloodstain on my shirt

The heavy rain continued in Paris, weeks after their trip the louvre, most of their days had been spent huddled up under blankets, watching movies, baking, doing everything you'd expect to do in the midst of bad weather.

In doing all this, Marinette kinda forgot who she was dealing with, Adrien was so gentle, so dorky, and so kind it almost made her forget that at the end of the day, the man had killed people, he had beaten people to a pulp for crossing him, however she was about to be swiftly reminded.

It had been around 10 o'clock at night when Adrien had abruptly stood up, they were in the midst of watching The Incredibles, and Adrien turned cold. Marinette frowned when he said, "I'll be back soon, don't wait up." she sat dumbfounded and with a kiss on her head, he was off.

She rises from her position on the couch, her blanket wrapped around her shoulders and watched as he descended the stairs and took of in his car, he looked disheveled, worried and angry all at the same time and despite his words Marinette had decided to wait up for him. Time seemed to slow down as her anxiety sped up, she could only assume it had something to do with the nature of work he worked in.

She tried to work on upcoming design assignments to no avail, her stomach in knots at the thought of him not coming back to her - Adrien was skilled in marksmanship, as well as hand to hand combat she didn't doubt that, but where he was tactical, others were frantic not caring for their own life or the lives of those around them. Her nails had been chewed to bits, and her eyes began to grow dark circles.

Around 3 hours after he had initially left, and after Marinette had consumed essentially a litre of tea she heard the rattle of the door opening, and she whipped her head around to see Adrien, bloodstains splattered across his normally white shirt, the blood also littered his cheeks, and if Marinette wasn't mistake she could see some red blotches across his face.

He didn't say a word to her as he kicked of his shoes, and began to advance upstairs to where one could only assume he'd be taking a shower. Marinette hurried after him, the tea cup and the trashy tv left behind.

Marinette heard the slam of the door that adjourned their bedroom to the ensuite, she timidly knocked on the door, "Adrien?" and like she assumed he'd do, he'd wear a mask to pretend he was fine, "Yeah Princess?" but she could hear the crack of his voice.

She stood there for a short while debating wether or not to disturb his privacy, she decided to say fuck it, she grabbed a Euro and twisted the lock to the door. She dropped the coin on the floor and gently pushed the door open once again muttering, "Adrien?" and she found him sat on the toilet with his hands clutching his face, shuddering hard from the tears that spilled out from his eyes.

"Oh Adrien" She muttered in surprise before hurrying over to him. She stood beside him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders, she was distraught herself Marinette had been with Adrien for a while now, a good few months and she had never seen him like this.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, clutching onto her as if he was a child scared of thunderstorms. Blood soaked through her shirt, and neither of them could find it in themselves to care. The violet sobs racked his body, and Marinette felt a lump in throat start to build at seeing him in a state like this, "Do you wanna talk about it?" and Adrien Whimpered out "later."

Marinette sighed and rubbed comforting circles on his back, shushing him as if he was a baby. She gently plucked herself from him, and began to run the shower. His eyes stayed glued to the ground, not daring to look at her, almost like he was embarrassed, which Marinette found despicable - if he wanted to cry he should be able to do so, especially in the comfort of his own home.

She leaned down to his level and gently pulled his face to look at him, it nearly broke her heart to see his red puffy eyes and tear stained face. "You're okay, Adrien. You're home." and he nodded with a sniffle.