4

Giyuu's pov 

I was doing my daily routine on the ground when one of the students asked me if I want to join a race. "Hey, Tomioka right? You want to join the race" he said, "sure" I replied and got into position on the track. "On your mark, get, set, go!" everyone started running. The race was 200 meters. I start my race slow to save energy, but I made sure I am at the 3 or 4th place. I saw a guy with yellow and orange hair running, he was first, and right now all could see is my competition. When I saw others slow down I started pacing ahead, "this is my chance" I was way ahead of that red head. And with no doubt I won. 

After my win, everyone was staring at me like I did a crime. "Oh my god! Giyuu did you win against RENGOKU?" my classmate Murata yelled "who is Rengoku?" I asked in confusion "uh, he WAS the fastest person in our university" he smiled "oh" I just shrugged and left. "Hey Tomioka right?" I see Rengoku come to me with a short girl, "you did really well!" he yelled "thank you" I bowed "Giyuu DON'T TELL ME YOU JUST-" I see Yae coming to me "uh hey Rengoku?" she said nervously. "Oh hey Yae! Meet Shinobu, she is my friend!" he said in a cheery tone. 

When Rengoku saw me in an awkward position he said "do you want to eat lunch together?" he asked, I was hesitant, but I agreed. 

Shinobu's POV

It was lunch break, as Rengoku-san said we were having lunch with Yae and Tomioka-san. I was walking down the staircase when I see Yae walking down with Rengoku-san. 'Oh I thought he would wait for me' well that did kinda hurt, but I brushed it off. I turned around to see Tomioka-san. "Rengoku-san and Yae just went, we should go too" I smiled, "yeah sure" he gave me the driest answer. 

He was a really quite person and I couldn't get any reactions out of him, "you know if you don't smile or make any facial expression, you will get wrinkles?" I teased, "you are in the medical batch, right?" he asked. I nodded, and he just smirked at me, "okay I guess" he said. Wait a minute, is questioning my brain? "I hope you are smart enough to know that it's a joke?" I smiled, "did I hit a nerve?" He asked me which pissed me off more "okay I am sorry I shouldn't have teased you earlier" I admitted my fault. "I am sorry for questioning your knowledge" he smiled. LET ME TELL YOU; that smile was the cutest and the most innocent smile I have ever seen. I didn't even realize that I had a blush over my face. I shook my thoughts and said "you should smile more often, maybe then people will start liking you" he gave me a look of betrayal. 

Giyuu's POV (fat time skip because I need to make the story on pasts) 

It's been 3 months and Yae and Rengoku has completely abandoned us. But that got me and Kocho close. We both trusted each other now. Our conversions were kinda one-sided because Shinobu was the one who kept talking. I did lik- no, I loved listening to her talks. I was very disappointed with Yae's behavior. Not only that, but I understand that she doesn't want to hang out anymore, but at least talk to me a little. I needed to trust her, she had my secret, if she opens her mouth I will be gone for good. 

I got a text from Sabito to pick up Tanjiro and Nezuko from their friend's house. I got the address and went to their house. When the person opened the door I was surprised, "Tomioka-san how did you find my address, did you stalk me?". When she teased me, Nezuko came from behind and hugged me "my siblings, I am here to pick them up" she welcomed me inside. I saw her a photo of a young woman, she was of my age. When I saw a candle in front of her picture, I just shut myself up and sat inside. "Kanao! It's the mister who saved us!" Aoi said "Oh, so you were the one who saved them from the scary man, I am very thankful Tomioka-san" Shinobu smiled "no no its okay, Aoi and Kanao how are you guys?" I asked "we are good Giyuu-san" Aoi said "how are you?" Kanao asked shyly, "I am good too" I smiled. 

"Giyuu nii-chan can we play for a little longer?" Tanjiro asked "yeah sure" I replied. "Do you want to take a walk?" Kocho asks me "sure why not". 

When we were walking she said "are you not going to ask me about the girl you saw in my house?" she said "well if you wanted to tell me about her, you would have told earlier, that means you don't want to share it, so I won't force it." I answered. "Wow Tomioka-san you care!" she cheered "You really think of me as a robot" I said "hey don't say that, let me tell you about my sister" Kocho said "if you don't want to-" she interrupted me and said "if I am telling something important to you that means I trust you" she smiled. 

Soon she told me about her sister's death, how brutally she was murdered "I will take revenge no matter what, I even have that guy's photo who killed my sister you know?" she showed me the picture. My eyes couldn't believe what I saw.